Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Get the myAT&T app
digit's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, March 30th, 2016 7:09 PM

AT&T Card Alerts... Phantom or Phishing Alerts?

Yesterday a text message came in Welcoming me to the AT&T Card Alert program. I never signed up nor rec'd a reward card.  Then this morning just after midnight a new text saying there was a $10 purchase and gave remaining balance.  This morning another purchase came for $3 and balance was the same.  Then a third text saying I'd used the card at a fast food but this time the balance was higher than original balance.... FYI, this last one came in while on this forum. 

EX: Say you start with $82..  use $10, use $3, use $8 then have remainder of $86.  ???

AT&T Cust Svc Rep checked out the 'sent from code' (90831) and said it was AT&T Rewards program and perhaps I should call them since she had no access to this program.

AT&T Card Alert says they show no rewards being issued to my account so it must be a prepaid card.  I don't have one.  I'm getting the 'run around' between (855)266-8402 the Alert Co that is listed in the text, the UVerse and ATT Wireless. I have read other messages about this program and even this phone number but did not find my same issue posted.

**IF this card isn't mine and it's not phishing...  how could I get the texts related to it?  

Former Employee

• 

74 Messages

8 years ago

Have you looked at www.rewards.att.com ? Usually has all the rewards you have there.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Thanks, yes I have been there, then I began thinking outside the box.  In our area the prefix numbers, the ones after the area code are transposed from Verizon's numbers.   I went to reverse lookup to follow a hunch.   I entered my number with the transposed digits and it was assigned to a Verizon wireless account.  

They must have AT&T home phone and/or internet to get the card then signed up using MY number.  It also explains why I keep getting hang up calls.  That doofus can't keep his number straight.  

I went in and marked it as spam.  That should end it.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.