Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
T

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, October 19th, 2021 11:04 PM

Samsung Note 8 Duos (N950F/DS)(unlocked) no longer supported by AT&T?

Weeks ago, AT&T mailed me 2 cheap phones with a warning about service to the subject phone ceasing. About a week ago, I awoke to no service on both sims. After much run around, I was told the phone was 3G and no longer supported. Something about HD voice. Someone was able to reestablish service to 1 sim on the subject phone after I put 1 sim in another phone (Note 5 AT&T) to regain service.

I understood the subject phone to be 4G, so why are they ceasing to support service to the sims?

I like Notes. I would prefer not to have to switch to an iPhone or a Google Pixel for dual sim service with AT&T, but that's all I find as definitely dual sim supported by AT&T with 5G. If changing phones, I'll go with 5G as I hope to stick with 1 phone for 3-5 years.

TIA.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

3 years ago

It's because AT&T is shutting down its 3G network and your phone reverts to  3-g for phone calls.

In order to be compliant with FCC e 911 requirements all phones must be able to make a phone call. Since yours will not be able to make a phone call when 3-g shuts down in your area, which could be tomorrow, or sometime between now and February of 2022, your phone has to go.

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.