Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
808pst's profile

Coach

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, November 14th, 2019 2:23 AM

LTE Is Immune To Voodoo Magic

Called AT&T about no internetz and didn't get a fix. Had connection problems with my sonim. Switched my prepaid sim from my sonim xp5s to my samsung tab a. Now I can at least make calls and text. No dice on internet. Also kept getting a "Sign in to network" notification that sent me to a page that said I ran out of data when I know I didn't.

The tablet is unlocked, the imei is clean, still have lots of data, the device is compatible with AT&T's network, the old sim was refreshed, bought a new sim card, updated imei, tried adding another access point, reset network settings, rebooted, and tried voodoo magic. The problem has to be on AT&T's side. The only thing I can think of is that it doesn't recognize imei of the unbranded device or I need to get a tablet plan. Idk. Help!

Inb4 att rep says reboot and troobleshoot

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

5 years ago

Prepaid Sim cards with phone plans are not going to work appropriately in a tablet, and vice a versa. A tablet should be on a data connect plan. This is also a prepaid plan.

Coach

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks for replying. I went to an AT&T store and they sorted everything out. They started me on an unlimited postpaid with a tablet plan. I still don't know why my prepaid service stopped working. It's very weird.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.