Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
shaneomacc1's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Wednesday, February 4th, 2015 1:30 PM

how do I get the 4.4.4 update

Hey guys, I have a SM G900a (galaxy s5) I am not currently in the U.S but I would really like to get the new 4.4.4 update. I keep checking over the air but it's telling me that my device is up to date in which I am running 4.4.2. Can anyone help?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

you cant get it unless you are connected to the ATT network to start the OTA process.  Or if the image is pushed to kies which would be amazing in itself

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

Can I get it any other way?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

nope.  unless you want the hack it on there.

also according to the samsung change log is suppose to be in kies in the coming days.  My suggestion is download KIES 3 here http://www.samsung.com/us/kies/.  And see if the update pops up for you.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

9 years ago

Do not feel too bad.  I AM in the US and cannot seem to get the 4.4.4 update either.  For two days I have read in other forums of folks getting 4.4.4 OTA from AT&T.  I have checked and my S5 says latest version installed (4.4.2).  Not on Kies either (of course).

Who has got it so far?  Is it moving geographically across the US or what?

All the while my Verizon friends are laughing as they get Lollipop.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

You know I really don't see why all the delay with at&t trust me every other platform is moving to lollipop and we are struggling to get 4.4.4 even some non Samsung phones are getting 5.0, it's really ridiculous. And this is suppose to be a flagship phone for the company, that's why I like iPhone no matter which carrier nor where you are once there is an update to be had best believe once you have Internet connection you're getting it

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

@shaneomacc1 wrote:
You know I really don't see why all the delay with at&t trust me every other platform is moving to lollipop and we are struggling to get 4.4.4 even some non Samsung phones are getting 5.0, it's really ridiculous. And this is suppose to be a flagship phone for the company, that's why I like iPhone no matter which carrier nor where you are once there is an update to be had best believe once you have Internet connection you're getting it

do you live overseas or just out of town for a while?  If you bought a s5 and dont live in the us there is the problem.  The other thing to remember is samsung region locks there phones.  The att s5 was not made for extended periods of time out of the usa.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

But even people in the U.S right now can't get it I am just out for a little while

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

people are getting it in batches just like any other OTA rollout.  Its not available for all users on the first day.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

9 years ago

Hi guys. Has anyone found a solution to get the update yet? I also live overseas and bought an s5 at&t unlocked and also says there is no update available. . it's ridiculous if there is no solution for this issue already. Please fellas don't stop posting if there is any news.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.