For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Trade In and Get Rewarded!
ks7636's profile

1 Message

Friday, April 12th, 2024 2:37 PM

Device upgrade pain

I placed an order yesterday for a device upgrade ( I'm eligible) and placed an order for store pickup. I went to the store to collect the phone, the store agent ran a fraud check with another online agent, who asked me some questions on phone. It wasn't audible at all, still I answered the questions. Apparently I failed the fraud check as per the person on phone and the upgrade device was denied. I'm a customer with ATT for past 17 years and did not understand what was going on. I called the ATT service and was asked to place another order for store pickup. I did that , and the story was exactly the same. Denial again, because of an earlier fraud check failure. Again, I contacted the ATT service , and was told that even if I tried to place an online order for delivery to my account home address, the request will be denied because of fraud check failure After being a loyal customer , never failed on my payments for 17 years, this is the way I am being treated by ATT. At this stage , I am told by the service agent that I can neither upgrade my device ( nor get a new line that I am planning to) because of all the above and nothing can be done about it. This is the height of pain that I am going through. Would someone in ATT service immediately resolve this issue with me? 

If not, I have no option except to quit ATT immediately , purely for lack of basic customer care.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

18 days ago

This is not a way to reach AT&T. The community is customers only. The only response you'll get from AT&T has to contact them directly. 

My advice is to run your credit report. Something on your credit report does not smell right and that's why you're getting a fraud alert.  Those questions have something to do with your credit, not your AT&T service 

ACE - Expert

• 

35.2K Messages

18 days ago

Apparently I failed the fraud check as per the person on phone and the upgrade device was denied. I'm a customer with ATT for past 17 years and did not understand what was going on.

I'd say the problem is that they don't think the person who is placing this order and showing up in the store is you, their customer of 17 years, but somebody else looking to cheat them using your good name.  There should be a good mechanism in place for you to recover from your failure to answer the questions correctly, but I don't know what that is.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.