Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Troubleshoot your device issues
hawlyns711's profile

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

Monday, September 8th, 2014 1:37 PM

Lumia 1020 camera not working after WP8.1 update

My Nokia Lumia 1020 phone did an update last Thursday or Friday to WP8.1 and I didn't bother to use the camera until this weekend. Well for some reason, I go to open one of the multiple camera apps and the app tries to open but then just goes back to the home screen. None of the camera apps work. The camera and whole phone worked fine before the update, nothing has changed except the OS.

What should I do?

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

10 years ago

I had a conversation with AT&T tech support and after a hard reset and loosing all of my photos and stuff (which I will later restore) the camera still does not work. They told me we reached the end of the troubleshooting and there is nothing else they can do to help.

Thanks Microsoft and AT&T. I went from 41MP to 0MP overnight.

Voyager

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I had a camera issue with my Nokia Lumia 1020, after a firmware update to 8.1, I attempted to change from the Lumia camera app to the Microsoft one, at that point the camera quit working, even when I tried to switching back to the Lumia app, I then reset the camera, did a soft reboot, then did a hard reboot, then reinstalled the latest 8.1 firmware from my computer, nothing worked....until I let the battery run all the way down till then phone displayed the goodbye msg and then shutdown, I then recharged the phone & amazingly the camera's now working just fine, even when I switch between the 2 camera apps!!!....

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.