Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Troubleshoot your device issues
gadgetguy1981's profile

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

Thursday, October 30th, 2014 11:23 PM

Get AllAccess 10 and AT&T Beam to work on Mac OS X Yosemite (10.10)

I searched all over the web and couldn't find this answer, so I wanted to write my experience down in the hopes of helping others, and getting some attention to the issue from AT&T's moderators, who can hopefully escalate this to a final fix.

I have a brand new MacBook Pro - Running OS X Yosemite 10.10 since it was released a few weeks ago. Everything works, particularly since updating all of my software and services to their latest "Yosemite Ready" versions, except that my AllAccess client, version 10.1, refused to see my inserted modem, the new AT&T Beam (Sierra/Netgear AC340U) - This all worked in Mavericks (OS X 10.9) but wasn't working now. NO reboots or re-installs helped. 

Then I realized that when installing the product, first the modem installs AllAccess 10.0 which prompts for an upgrade to 10.1 after first run. If I could uninstall the newer version and go back one, would it work?

Here's how I uninstalled AllAccess and the numerous drivers included in the package:

Netgear's drivers are embedded in the AllAccess installer, but are not removed when uninstalling AllAccess from the uninstaller app included with the app. To remove them, you need to run the driver uninstallers from the following folders:

/Library/Application Support/Netgear/

/Library/Application Support/Sierra Wireless/

Once these uninstallers are both run, if these folders still exist, it is OK to delete them.

It's also a good idea to check the root /Library/ and user ~/Library/ folders for remnants of AllAccess after running its uninstaller - In my case I still found a ".plist" file or two under /Preferences and some content under /Caches and /Saved Application State/ folders.

one everything is removed, simply reboot, then re-insert the modem. This should start the Tru-Install process and present you again with the installer for the 10.0 version of AllAccess.

Install, Reboot, and check to see if the modem is now detected. If successful, simply turn off any checking for updates and DO NOT accept any updates offered until we get confirmation from AT&T that another new version is out that doesn't break the modem in Yosemite.

Good luck guys! Here's hoping AT&T sees this and works with Netgear to resolve. If you're still having trouble after following this, comment below so we can knock our heads together and figure this out.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hi @gadgetguy1981 

Thank you for sharing! At the time of this post, at least 75 people have looked at your tutorial, so I'm sure it already helped someone. We will also forward your feedback to the right people.

Thanks again!

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

No luck for me here.  Removed all the drivers and folders indicated, but when I insert my AT&T Beam, nothing happens... no software trys to install. 😞

I've been searching the net for a place to download the old AT&T All Access 10.0 software, but can only seem to find it for Windows so far.. not for Mac OS X.  Does anyone have the file they can share perhaps?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

An alternative that works for me (on Mac OS X 10.10.1 (Yosemite), with an AT&T AC340U Beam USB device) is:

1) Install AT&T Global Network Client v1.6.1 (the latest version) <http://www.corp.att.com/agnc/mac/>

2) Make a COPY of the whole AT&T Global Network Client folder (it is in /Applications/) in another location (e.g., your own ~/Applications/).

3) Run the Uninstaller script in the /Applications/AT&T Global Network Client folder.

4) Install AT&T Global Network Client v1.3.0.  (This was the version for Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks).  I saved this installer from about a year ago.)  This installs drivers that work under Yosemite, however, the executable in the /Applications/AT&T Global Network Client folder (v1.3.0) doesn't work on Yosemite.  See the version history at: <http://www.corp.att.com/agnc/mac/documentation/versionhistory.pdf>

5) Run the v1.6.1 application from the COPY you made and put in your own ~/Applications/ folder.

This enables you to run the executable of the AGNC that runs successfully on Yosemite (v1.6.1) with the drivers included with the earlier version (v1.3.0).  The drivers that were distributed with AGNC v1.3.0 were Netgear Drivers v2.1.7.

Unfortunately, I have not (yet) found a site that still provides AGNC v1.3.0.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Hello,

So when will there be a version that works on Yosemite?  I can't find any information on this.

Thanks!

Ginny

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

Hi Ginny - 

No word yet from Netgear/Sierra or AT&T about a fix. It seems that the root issue, whether you use the AGNC or AllAccess, is that the newest versions do NOT have a compatible driver for the Beam (Bummer!) - Funny thing is that the old drivers work so the trick is to install an older version and update the app separately - Not easy to do. For me the older AllAccess client works on Yosemite so I'm up and running, albeit with unofficially compatible software. 

Someone needs to hurry up and push an update. I agree. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Any workarounds for this yet? This device is driving me nuts. On a fresh install of OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), I plugged in the AT&T Beam and installed AT&T AllAccess (10.1.291.2). The device was not detected so I installed the drivers for the 340U from the Netgear website. I disabled all AllAccess and Mac updates, and it was working fine for a while. And then I unplugged the computer and the driver broke.

I followed the instructions to uninstall drivers but, upon restarting my Mac and reinserting the Beam, nothing happens. This has forced me to reinstall a clean copy of OS X (4 times already). I need to use an AT&T USB modem as part of a project at work. The problem might be that I am also using a Sprint USB modem (Sierra Wireless 250U) at the same time, but the two devices work fine simultaenously before the computer is unplugged (rebooted?). However, the fact that others are facing similar driver problems leads me to believe that it is indeed AT&T/Beam.

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

Given what I know about Sierra/Netgear drivers, yes - You are having trouble because of them both being installed - At least that's why your AT&T card isn't being put into "TRUInstall" mode when you wipe the drivers out - One of your 330's drivers is telling it not to - I'm not as familiar with that model or series, nor the Sprint technology behind it, so I don't know if there's a KEXT or other hidden library item that maybe holding it back. What I DO know is that AT&T is still distributing a bum client. 😞

@asfdey wrote:

Any workarounds for this yet? This device is driving me nuts. On a fresh install of OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), I plugged in the AT&T Beam and installed AT&T AllAccess (10.1.291.2). The device was not detected so I installed the drivers for the 340U from the Netgear website. I disabled all AllAccess and Mac updates, and it was working fine for a while. And then I unplugged the computer and the driver broke.

I followed the instructions to uninstall drivers but, upon restarting my Mac and reinserting the Beam, nothing happens. This has forced me to reinstall a clean copy of OS X (4 times already). I need to use an AT&T USB modem as part of a project at work. The problem might be that I am also using a Sprint USB modem (Sierra Wireless 250U) at the same time, but the two devices work fine simultaenously before the computer is unplugged (rebooted?). However, the fact that others are facing similar driver problems leads me to believe that it is indeed AT&T/Beam.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Could this also effect a ATT elevate Mifi when trying to use tethered?

I use to could tehter my Elevate but since upgrading to Yosemite I can't.

Any suggestions are welecome.

I called ATT support and they were not very helpful.

I too tried a Beam and had the same results.

Never recogonized the modem.

Sent the modem back.

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

Hopefully some good news guys!

I decided to start fresh with my Beam the other day while traveling on business, and completely removed the drivers and files (all evidence of Sierra and Netgear basically) from my Yosemite-based 13" MacBook Pro - Running 10.10.3.

TRU-Install worked after rebooting, which allowed me to install the known good onboard AllAccess client.

Then I thought - What the heck - Lets see if theres a newer update! So I let the autoupdater run and it found a net new version of the client: 10.1.299.2 which it installed and has been working great since.

I hope this helps. I believe you can also download the AllAccess client from AT&Ts website and update from whatever version they offer to the latest to resolve your issues also. Keep me posted folks!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.