For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
D

• 

7 Messages

Friday, April 5th, 2024 9:02 PM

Whether you have fired others or been fired.....

I have fired AT&T for internet, wireless and TV.  I have wasted WAY too much time trying to address my concerns with them.  I'd like to have a dollar for every hour I've spent a on hold.  And another dollar for every voice that has assured me that they could get me to someone who could address my concerns.  But firing them may be all I can get for my frustration.  Unless I get a clue from a non-ATT person, I'll just write it off to experience and bad-mouth them.  Yes, my experience with spectrum and Verizon have restored my hope for decent service from people that work for cellphone companies.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

26 days ago

If you tell us what the issue was, or is, we might be able to offer some insight or where to go for help.

(edited)

• 

7 Messages

22 days ago

I settled up with AT&T when I fired them, and then they pop up weeks later with a substantial bill.  I ain't paying it.  If AT&T wants to compensate me for my time they have wasted, I'd be willing to discuss it.  I am simply not will to accept that because their computer thinks it, it must be true.  And I am deeply committed to never being transferred to an unending  hold queue.  

• 

7 Messages

22 days ago

I suspect ottopylot is an AI bot....

ACE - Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

22 days ago

@droporain  Nope. Just a human like yourself, at least I assume you are. Nothing argumentative about my post. Just curious as to what your issue was and what the "substantial" bill was for. As a heads up, if you don't pay, or contact AT&T to dispute the charges, AT&T will eventually turn it over to a Collection Agency and you will have to deal with them which could ruin your credit down the road. Just trying to offer some suggestions.

• 

7 Messages

22 days ago

I have spent hours on the phone trying to get an explanation - mostly on hold while I was bounced around - and only got the AT&T arrogance.  I'm ready to fight with collections.

• 

7 Messages

22 days ago

Ottyplyot looked like a pseudonym for autopilot, which would be a good name for a bot....

• 

7 Messages

22 days ago

I have bot aspirations.  I wrote my first AI application 40 years ago for a now defunct computer company.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.8K Messages

22 days ago

I suspect ottopylot is an AI bot....

@OttoPylot AI bot for13 years and 24,000 posts?  I would be impressed. 

ACE - Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

22 days ago

@droporain  If you're not going to tell us what the issue was, without divulging any personal information, then there's nothing more to be done here. This is a public, customer populated forum only. We are just customers like yourself who try to help other customers when Support is less-than-helpful.

• 

7 Messages

22 days ago

I appreciate your efforts.  If you can point me to a person that can explain AT&Ts thinking, that would amazing.  Ideally, that person would have minimal customer service skills and knowledge that they could explain it to me without any transfers.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.