For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Check for service outages
M

• 

4 Messages

Friday, September 25th, 2020 3:09 AM

LTE while traveling

I have ATT prepaid ($300/yr). On a recent trip with another ATT customer, I did not get any phone connectivity and had to use my companions phone to make a call. O had no service while she had LTE! Back at home, everything is back to normal. When traveling, I MUST have the ability to make calls.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

4 years ago

Prepaid uses only At&t cell towers. Postpaid uses At&t towers and partnering towers 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

4 years ago

On a trip WHERE? 

Prepaid roaming is limited to the USA, her territories, Mexico and Canada.  If roaming elsewhere, you have no service. 

AT&T now has about a dozen countries in Europe where you can get connectivity oh, but you must prepay and add the roaming plan. Or you still have no service.  

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Responses have been helpful, but varied. One stated that prepaid only has access to ATT towers, while the other says that there is domestic roaming. My trip was domestic, so I can only assume that prepaid only has access to ATT towers, which is a major weakness in rural west, which should be very clearly disclosed in plan sale details. I'll just have to live with it and see if coverage meets my needs. Urgent phone needs will be a problem. Now I realize why this plan is so inexpensive.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

4 years ago

Which is why I asked ‘where’.  See the big holes in the map (in the USA) for both, but much worse for prepaid. 
The green is domestic roaming on another network.  

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.