Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
jose02rodriguez's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, December 1st, 2016 2:53 AM

Wrong Unlock Code Received

Hello, I requested unlock code for my go phone which I received from ATT, however the code is wrong since I tried 4 times to unlock the phone and I get the message that the code is wrong.  I requested the code a 2nd time and of course I received the same code.  I don't want to try another time because I got just one chance left and I don't know what will happend if it is not correct.  What can I do?

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

What kind of phone is it? AT&T receives the codes from the manufacturers. If that's the code provided by them, that's what AT&T has. Basically the statement regarding unlocking was this:

"if we have the unlock code or can reasonably get it from the manufacturer, AT&T currently will unlock a device for any customer "

https://www.attpublicpolicy.com/wireless/bottom-line-we-unlock-our-customers%E2%80%99-devices/

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

So, I suppose that I should address this problem to the manufacturer? the phone is a Huawei Ascend XT.

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

First of all all GoPhone devices require 6 months of active service before they are eligible for unlock. GoPhone's are not sold at full MSRP. They are subsidized essentially.

Surprised you got any kind of code because the Huawei Ascend XT has not even been available for 6 months. It was released in October. Which means March of 2017 will be the first available date for unlocks based on the 6 month prepaid rule.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.