Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need your talk or text logs?
GrammieTheG's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, November 5th, 2017 8:48 PM

Unlimited Data

I have a plan with the old unlimited data feature. I have been reluctant to change to the new unlimited plan that is offered because some  friends who did so a couple of years ago found it not to be truly unlimited for anything other than texting. Can any long term AT&T subscriber who has recently switched offer me any input or advice?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

7 years ago

@GrammieTheG

No one could have switched to an ATT unlimited data plan 2 years ago as no unlimited plan was offered.  

In January 2016 a new unlimited data plan which required TV service was offered.  

The TV requirement was removed and plan replaced as of late February 2017.  The unlimited plus and the old unlimited plan have the same reprioritization threshold, 22 gigs.  

https://www.att.com/plans/unlimited-data-plans.html

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you for your reply. Please be patient because I'm not that familiar with technical terms. I may not have the time right for when they changed, but the friends had enormous data charges after the change. I'm not concerned with getting slowed down after a threshold - I believe it's called throttled- but I AM concerned about extra data charges every month. I guess my post wasn't very clear.

The family members on my plan use data for streaming music, YouTube, shopping and map directions, etc., without having to monitor the amount used. I want to know if you who have the Unlimited plus truly can use it without suffering high extra charges. Is that what you were telling me is the same?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

7 years ago

Not sure what your family got, but it wasn’t an unlimited plan.  None of the plans available to ATT customers now have any overage charges. 

The Mobile Share Advantage plan is capped.  No overage possible.  Once you reach the cap, data slows down.   

Unlimited Plus or Choice:  The unlimited plans are unlimited everything.  Unlike your old plan which can charge for excess talk or text.   

The new unlimited plus pricing was simple, then they re wrote the website and it’s confusing.  (Link in blue above)

The plan is $115, each line is $20.  A $10 credit is applied if you use debit or checking to auto pay and use paperless billing.  So 4 lines after discount would be $185.  

Military account owners can get 15% off the plan.

If you have ATT TV service they off $25 off TV service and free HBO.  

These prices and the TV discount are going to go away soon. (12/5 is the rumor)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.