Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need your talk or text logs?
SteveW553's profile

Voyager

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, January 3rd, 2015 6:57 PM

The Illusive Throttle Proxy

Hello My Fellow ATTers,

It's a new year and change is in our frequency wave fettered air! Or is it?

One wireless giant (I won't name the gorilla in the room) is still throttling "unlimited" data legacy customers. Why? Customers are dying to know!  Schrödinger's cat is out of the bag and it turns out the proverbial "congested network" throttle cat excuse was dead the whole time - According to Ars Technica, ATT is still throttling our potentially lightning fast LTE data speeds after a mere 5gb regardless of data network congestion! (ATT Still Throttles Ars Technica)

This information contradicts ATT's previous claims that LTE users were being throttled due to data congestion issues. ATT has since addressed the issue by changing the wording of their rather dynamic "throttling information" page, which can be found at ATT Legacy Throttle Info

So what's next for this big orange, white and blue hairy gorilla? Ars Technica reports ATT will put the kibosh on the mandatory 5gb LTE data cap sometime this year but when? And what constitutes a "congested" network? Where can we see the tower's numbers? How do we know if their hardware is actually being put through the paces? It's entirely up to ATT's discretion and, like our beloved Obamination of a government, transparency is lacking. 

I hope ATT continues to take the right steps and smooth ties with their Legacy customers because some of us are still a bit bitter. Hoodwink or no - what's really behind that red throttle curtain? 

I would love to hear the community's thoughts on this topic!

Happy New Year to one and all! 

Cheers,

Steve

No Responses!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.