Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need your talk or text logs?
Carmin86's profile

3 Messages

Saturday, May 4th, 2024 6:22 PM

Att unlimited premium has slow data speeds.

Why is my data always slow and inconsistent ? I pay $85 monthly for a plan that states the data will never slow down. I don’t understand why the opposite is happening. I recently had 8mbps download and 1 mbps upload results from my speed test app. Called customer service and they just gave out a bunch of excuses. What gives ?

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

13 days ago

Why is my data always slow and inconsistent ? I pay $85 monthly for a plan that states the data will never slow down

That is NOT what it says.

It says:

Unlimited talk, text, & high-speed data that can’t slow down based on how much you use

That is quite different than what you are saying. 

3 Messages

13 days ago

Also every other plan says speeds can be reduced due to network congestion  This plan mentions nothing about that  

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

11 days ago

Also every other plan says speeds can be reduced due to network congestion  This plan mentions nothing about that  

The top of https://www.att.com/plans/unlimited-data-plans/ says:

Scroll down another few lines and it says:

From left to right is Premium PL, Extra EL, and Starter SL.

• Starter SL is the lowest priority.
  • Extra EL is higher priority, (still affected by congestion though), but after 75GB it becomes the same priority of Starter EL. Basically, a skip-the-line pass when compared to Starter SL, but after 75GB, they lose the pass.
  • Premium PL is same priority as Extra EL, but it never lowers the priority. But it still affected by congestion though (a traffic jam is a jam). Premium also has a skip-the-line pass for Starter SL and when Extra EL exceeds 75GB.

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.