Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need your talk or text logs?
NotFamousAtAll's profile

1 Message

Saturday, April 27th, 2024 12:16 AM

Advanced Messaging Not Working

I have a Samsung Galaxy S9, and the entire time I've owned the phone, Advanced Messaging has been turned on. I can't believe I didn't notice until now, but it's not really working. The whole read receipts thing just doesn't work, although, again, it is enabled. How can this be fixed? 

Accepted Solution

Employee

• 

13 Messages

21 days ago

Hey @NotFamousAtAll 

Make sure your device is running at least Android 5.0 (Lollipop) and then my go to is usually to go into the messaging app of your choice, turn off RCS (Samsung Messages refers to it as Advanced Messaging), then reboot the device and re-enable RCS (Advanced Messaging). Make sure to give it a few seconds to activate with AT&T. Keep in mind RCS/Advanced Messaging must be enable with your AT&T plan as well for it to function properly.

If this doesn't work, you can refer to the Device Support Tool for the Galaxy S9. It's also possible there is a feature missing on AT&T's end, and if that is the case, you will need to contact support to make sure RCS/Advanced Messaging is enabled on their end.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.