Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
wisegrape's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, July 25th, 2014 1:53 AM

Can call out, can't receive incoming calls

I recently scheduled a switch from Uverse to another provider and was going to transfer my phone number. The day before the scheduled switch I decided to cancel and keep Uverse. I was assured the phone port was canceled along with the other installs. The day of the scheduled install I noticed when placing outgoing calls from my Uverse home phone that the phone number and Caller ID info was missing. Calls placed to my cell phone displayed No Caller ID. I called Uverse and explained what had happened and they found that my phone settings were changed to not display Caller ID. They corrected that then. Now one week later I cannot receive incoming calls. I can make out going calls. I called twice today and spent about three hours in total working with support to try to fix the issue. They cannot seem to find a problem or solution. They are sending out a tech to try to resolve on site. I believe the root of the issue has to do with the port of the phone line however Uverse assures me that there isn't anything wrong with the line and they believe it is a hardware issue. I have had Uverse for the last year without issue and the problem only began after the potentional provider switch. My phone is plugged directly into the back of my modern and don't know of any other changes which could have caused this issue other then the potentional phone number port.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hello wisegrape,

I apologize about the difficulties you are having with your phone line. I can help you investigate what is happening in the back-end systems to restore your service. Please send us your account information at ATTU-verseCare to begin reviewing your account. 

SadathCS

ATTU-verseCare

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.