Let AT&T help you elebrate your dad with Father's Day Gifts that connect us.
Need to update email settings?
jaydshulman's profile

1 Message

Wednesday, May 1st, 2024 1:23 PM

Problem receiving email

Starting yesterday afternoon, addresses that had successfully sent me emails to my sbcglobal account got a bounce back. I tried to send myself a message from my gmail account and got this. Apparently, spam is getting through.

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
<[email scrubbed]>
    (reason: 550 5.7.9 This mail has been blocked because the sender is unauthenticated. Yahoo requires all senders to authenticate with either SPF or DKIM. )

• 

8 Messages

1 month ago

Problem continues this morning. Getting lots of delay messages and rejected messages - info below

Error Icon

Delivery incomplete

There was a temporary problem delivering your message to[email scrubbed]. Gmail will retry for 19 more hours. You'll be notified if the delivery fails permanently.
LEARN MORE
The response was:

The recipient server did not accept our requests to connect. For more information, go to https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7720 [ff-ip4-mx-vip1.prodigy.net. 144.160.159.21: timed out] [al-ip4-mx-vip2.prodigy.net. 144.160.235.144: timed out] [ff-ip4-mx-vip2.prodigy.net. 144.160.159.22: timed out] [al-ip4-mx-vip1.prodigy.net. 144.160.235.143: timed out]

The original message was received at Thu, 9 May 2024 01:20:35 -0700
from mail-ej1-f47.google.com [209.85.218.47]
  ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
    (reason: 554 5.7.9 Message not accepted for policy reasons. See https://senders.yahooinc.com/error-codes)
  ----- Transcript of session follows -----
... while talking to mx-sbc.mail.am0.yahoodns.net.:
>>> DATA
<<< 554 5.7.9 Message not accepted for policy reasons. See https://senders.yahooinc.com/error-codes
554 5.0.0 Service unavailable

(edited)

14 Messages

1 month ago

Apparently, Yahoo is having some server issues.

DownDetector - Yahoo Mail

I don't seem to be having problems today, but I'm receiving mail through a different server in the same domain. I wonder if the "policy reasons" error message is really what's going on here. The "timed out" message is because of a refusal to answer a "helo" request? 

• 

8 Messages

1 month ago

Emails sent to sbcglobal.net (from many different origination points) are taking long time to arrive, emails from gmail.com to sbcglobal.net are not arriving.

I've turned off forwarding on my two gmail accounts (they were forwarded to sbcglobal.net) and I am still getting lots of Mail Delivery Delayed messages in the gmail accounts. I think many of those messages are the multiples tries to deliver that keep getting rejected or bounced or something by yahoo/sbcglobal.net. Those multiple tries seem to make the situation worse. On most of them there is no way to tell what the email is that has been delayed or if the original email is still anywhere in my inbox.

These two giants have got to work out their problems without inflicting this pain on us. I have a major event in two days and just received cancellation notices that were sent days ago. 

SO now I am actively monitoring the three accounts, inboxes, spam, etc in the hope of catching any critical emails.  

This is a big problem for us end users. I'm sure the timing is bad for anyone caught up in this mess.

14 Messages

1 month ago

Well, at least the problem has been acknowledged:

ATT

But it looks like there is a blame game beginning to develop. I find it difficult to believe the fault lies with gmail. When the email "goes missing" (delayed), I think it's in limbo on Yahoo servers.

I'm pretty much doing the same routine as you. Almost daily, before retrieving email through Thunderbird, I've been logging into AT&T webmail, marking new spam and then checking spam folders, etc. This is time consuming, wasteful and irritating, especially when multiple accounts are involved. I agree with you 100%.

• 

8 Messages

1 month ago

Problem continues! Lots of Delivery Status Notification (Delay) still attempting to get through, unable to tell what the message actually is. Delays on receipt of emails sent by others to sbcglobal.net - hours, some days.

Wondering if this might become a (Edited per community guidelines) matter??

(edited)

8 Messages

1 month ago

Still not working in MI

• 

8 Messages

1 month ago

testing today to see if emails forwarded by gmail appear in sbcglobal account. Most of the forward delays have finally stopped their continuous loop. We lost business, spent too much time attempting to monitor the problem which took away from preparation for a major event. Hopefully they've fixed this SNAFU (situation normal, all f***d up)

8 Messages

1 month ago

Still not fixed

• 

8 Messages

1 month ago

Forwards from my gmail accounts are now making it to my sbcglobal account - slowly, but making it there.

Best I can tell, my outgoing emails from sbcglobal are being received as I've gotten several replies this morning.

Hopefully this is the end of the problem!!!!!

8 Messages

1 month ago

some emails that have an attachment is NOT coming through. So apparently it is not fixed... I wonder how many emails my business missed... 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.