Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Protect yourself online
kaybright's profile

2 Messages

Saturday, May 4th, 2024 1:46 AM

Closed

Notice of Data Breach

I recently received a letter from AT&T by mail, notifying me of a data breach that occurred on March 17, 2024. Strangely, the letter was dated April 25, 2024. In the letter, they offered a free IdentityWorks membership along with identity theft insurance coverage, including restoration services. I'm unsure if this offer is legitimate.

Is this the extent of the compensation we'll receive for this breach of security from an organization I've been with for years? I would appreciate a response on this matter.

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

Data Breach

ACE - Expert

• 

24.4K Messages

14 days ago

It's probably taking AT&T a long time to get the letters out to the affected AT&T users so that's why the date may be off a bit. AT&T is offering the affected customers one year free of Experian (IdentityWorks) so it probably is legit. I'd call AT&T is you're unsure.

And yes, this is all AT&T is going to do. Once your information is on the dark web it can't be removed.

Keep in mind that this is a public, customer to customer forum only. It is not AT&T Support. We are customers just like yourself.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.