Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Troubleshoot your device issues
ManuelSeabra's profile

4 Messages

Wednesday, May 8th, 2024 9:20 AM

Internet on LOT Secomea router

Hi

I'm having trouble configuring the internet on a Secomea router. I have a data card and I can't connect it to the GSM network.

I've tried with several APNs and they never connect to the GSM network.

I tried to test sending an SMS message and it doesn't send either.

What will be the problem?

Thanks

Accepted Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

35.5K Messages

11 days ago

I don't care if it works on Mars.  You're on an AT&T forum asking how to connect it to AT&T so what it does in other countries I care not.  A global model may not have the correct frequencies, because the US's FCC and carriers have developed different frequency bands from other countries.

If you are the manufacturer or reseller, then you need to find a better channel than the consumer forum to ask AT&T about this.  If you are an end user, then you need to talk to the manufacturer or reseller about how they think you are supposed to use this with AT&T service... they should have tested this with AT&T and know what kind of plan you need and how you need the SIM provisioned.

This forum is peopled mainly by AT&T customers who mostly use cell phones and home Internet and don't have any idea how to set up an IoT device like this.  Frankly, the small staff of AT&T support reps who will post here will also not be able to help, they'll just send you the Contact Us link and you won't find any answers there, either.

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

35.5K Messages

11 days ago

... edited ... I see LTE in here, so that it might work, given the correct frequencies.

I'd go to whoever you bought this from for proper set up on AT&T, including finding out how to order/provision a SIM card, etc.

(edited)

4 Messages

11 days ago

Jeff

This same equipment works in other countries with 3G and 4G. In this case it says that 2G is available, but where you are there is 3G and 4G. It is a global model, but it is not connected to the network.

Thank you

4 Messages

11 days ago

I'm one end user.

You must be right, it could be a frequency problem. I will contact the representative to try to resolve the problem.
I know it already worked in the US 2 years ago. I don't know which internet provider it was. Now I need to insert a new card and make a remote connection.
Thank you very much

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

11 days ago

Pretty sure those APN settings are not correct. Next-Gen phone is not going to work on a data only device. 

AT&T does not have a GSM network. None of the US service providers do. GSM refers to 2G technology which all US networks have shut off.  3g and 4g on at&t was HSPA/HSPA+ and is also shut off.  Minimum technology is LTE. . . Sometimes referred to as 4G/LTE.  

Definitely confer with the manufacturer and find out if it is AT&T approved. 

4 Messages

11 days ago

It is a 2G, 3G and 4G LTE router. The problem is that the only network that appears is 2G, which should already be discontinued.
It could in fact be a Frequency problem. I also know that the signal level is very low between 0...30 it has 7 or 8.

As for APN, I've tried several and the result is the same.

I think that even without an APN, when searching for networks it should inform you about LTE 4G.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.