For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
sillygooseparade's profile

1 Message

Friday, April 26th, 2024 3:35 PM

Just got fiber internet installed, but now getting emails/mail instructing me to return the equipment

I got my internet installed by an ATT technician a couple weeks ago, and this week I've received both emails and physical mail stating I have canceled my services. I have not canceled my services, and I do not plan to. "Quick reminder: If you don’t drop off your equipment by May 6, 2024, you’ll need to pay a non-return equipment fee (up to $150 where applicable per device) plus taxes."

I do not want to pay a return fee for something I never requested to return. I did call 800-288-2020 to inquire about this and made it clear that I do not plan to cancel my internet. I'm still receiving daily emails, though, so I'm worried. Why is this happening? I just canceled my service with Spectrum to switch to AT&T and so far, it's been unexpectedly stressful.

I am set up for autopay, and my first payment is supposed to book off on May 6th (which lines up with the day I'm supposed to return my equipment).

ACE - Professor

• 

5.5K Messages

11 days ago

You can’t solve issues of this type through a customer supported forum.  Call Att.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.