For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Jz5109's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, April 24th, 2018 7:32 PM

Extreme lag spikes

So I recently upgraded my internet to the internet 45 package with the bgw210 router and ever since then I have been having extreme lag spikes whenever I play a game or watch shows on my network. I never experienced this with my old internet, why am I having these problems now, with the new "stronger" internet. Yes I have already tried all the basic trouble shooting, I even tried to change my firewall settings. Nothing is working to fix it. 

ACE - Expert

• 

35.4K Messages

6 years ago

Are the "lag spikes" between your client and the AT&T Gateway or between the AT&T Gateway and your remote server?

How else are you using the network when the "lag spikes" occur?

Are all your clients "wireless" or are some of them wired?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

So my only issues are on wifi. I am literally right next to my modem but every couple minutes it spikes and I can't play my game or watch my show and wait for it to because stable again. Basically I can't even use my own wifi

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

So my only issues are on wifi. I am literally right next to my modem but every couple minutes it spikes and I can't play my game or watch my show and wait for it to because stable again. Basically I can't even use my own wifi. I didn't have this problem before I changed my modem. So it's not my phone 

ACE - Expert

• 

35.4K Messages

6 years ago

Ah.  The Wi-Fi on AT&T's gateways can be hit or miss.  I currently am running my own Wireless Router behind the AT&T Gateway.  If you don't want to do that, you may be happier just locking the channels on your Gateway so that they don't change: sometimes a period of high latency is a sign that your Access Point has changed channels and your client is trying to chase it down.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

So you can run your own WiFi router off the ATT box..... interesting.......  I to am having the same issue when playing online games I get the connection interrupted signal and my bars turn to red...  multiple times all the time

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.