Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
nbargolf's profile

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

Thursday, November 16th, 2017 3:12 PM

Ethernet runs 90-97 mps wifi running 20-30 mps what wrong

My pace 5268 is running 90 mps and above on ethernet but my wifi is running 15-30 mps. what could cause this? I have changed the wifi channels and tried several recommendations but nothing seems to help.

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

7 years ago

This is on a laptop which ran both the ethernet test and the wifi test. I have already changed the name on the 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz to different names and the test was run on the 5 Ghz connection. Just can't find what is causing this big difference.

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

7 years ago

Don't understand if it was software on the laptop why would it effect the wifi but not the ethernet? The same security and firewall is running on both test.

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

7 years ago

You are right my phone runs speedtest at 90+ mps but my laptop running at 40-55 mps and sometimes down to 20-30. both connected to 5 MHZ. I thought it might be my wireless directv box but I turned it off same results. My laptop has run at 90+ but can't achieve that anymore.

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

6 years ago

Already named the 2.4 and 5 different names. Run the laptop on 5 no difference. My phone runs 85-95. Must be something about the laptop wifi causing the problem. Although at one time several weeks back the laptop ran at 90 for sometime. Can't think of anything I changed on the laptop.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.