For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
P

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, January 22nd, 2020 3:36 PM

Device Access Code for NVG589

I am trying to bridge a Linksys router to my NVG589 router to see if it improves the slow performance of the NVG589, but when prompted for the Device Access Code, I put in the code that is clearly written on the side of the router, and it says "Device Access Code Incorrect".

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

4 years ago

Since this code can be changed, is there any chance you (or someone) changed the code at some point?

If someone has changed the DAC, you can perform a factory reset by pressing and holding the reset button for 20 to 30 seconds. Gateway should be back up within 5 minutes using the settings printed on gateway for SSID, password and DAC.

• 

4 Messages

To my knowledge, no one has changed it. If I reset it, will the AT&T router still automatically connect to the ISP? I have no idea what my login credentials are for this account.

ACE - Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

Sure, the connection from your gateway to AT&T is hard coded; nothing needed from your end.

"Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking...."

(I am NOT a current AT&T employee. This forum is composed mostly of other users. An AT&T Customer Support person may respond to your message, but this isn't guaranteed. Support is also available at 800.288.2020.)

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

4 Messages

Got it to work finally, but it didn't help my overall problem. Every single video on YouTube shows a totally different dashboard for their Uverse router settings than mine. God almighty, NOTHING can be easy when it comes to AT&T...nothing.

• 

4 Messages

FYI...I got my Linksys router to bridge with my MVG589 Uverse router. The 5.0 Ghz channel literally doubled my internet speed. Thanks for the help!

ACE - Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

Glad it worked, @podunk69 .

"Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking...."

(I am NOT a current AT&T employee. This forum is composed mostly of other users. An AT&T Customer Support person may respond to your message, but this isn't guaranteed. Support is also available at 800.288.2020.)

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.