Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Hauksbee's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, April 20th, 2018 6:18 PM

Can't connect Macbook or Netgear Router to Arris BGW210 modem

I just moved into a new place that already has a AT&T internet using an Arris BGW210 modem/router, but my Macbook won't connect to the WiFi for some reason, even though my iPad, Android Phone, and Apple TV all connected without any issue whatsoever.

A little research on the problem seemed to suggest that the BGW210 thinks my Macbook has the "wrong country code" for some reason, and that that MIGHT be the reason it's blocking it. 

In an attempt to fix this, I purchased a Netgear AC1750 (R6400) router, thinking that I would just put the BGW210 into bridge/IP passthrough mode like I did with the Comcast modem at my last house (there was no problem with the Macbook connecting there, I just wanted better WiFi throughout the house). I've now hooked up the new Netgear router and gone through the preliminary setup for it (seemingly successfully). I've put the BGW210 into passthrough mode, and tried both DHCPS-dynamic and DHCPS-fixed, manually entering the Netgear router's MAC address where it asks for it. But the Macbook still won't connect. Also, I've tried accessing the new router's config page by going to routerlogin.com, but I instead get a Netgear page that says "you are not connected to your router's WiFi network" etc. I've tried this from both the BGW210's network and the Netgear's networks (regular and 5G). Nothing works and I've been without internet on my Macbook for over a month now. Someone please help!

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

On the Mac try deleting the preferred network and renewing the DHCP lease.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I have the same problem...ATT has replaced our router and Apple has run diagnostics on my macbook.  Neither have found the issue.  2 ipads, 2 iphones, 1 windows pc - all connect just fine.  My macbook can't connect except on the guest network.  While I get wifi on the guest network, I don't have access to any other devices (printers, etc.) on the network.  This has been going on for months.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.