Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Nekopachi's profile

1 Message

Sunday, April 28th, 2024 1:04 AM

At&T Air Hub Doesn't recognize ethernet connection and is horribly slow.

I've been trying for months to contact support (very hard to get a hold of in California if you work fulltime on an 8:30am-5pm shift) for help on the matter of my slow internet. All they suggested was to move around the hub, which I did and we couldn't find any better spots. I've tried calling the physical location to see if I could get it replaced and they just ended up redirecting me to the tech support line or telling me to tamper with the router settings (which temporarily helped).

I'm at my wit's end; sometimes I come home to find videos unwatchable and games full of lag, sometimes the connection is tolerable. It's been very frustrating, I try tampering with the settings and clearing the logs, nat table, restarting the ip connection, restarting broadband, the router it self, 15% of the time it'll speed things up (it sometimes, very rarely, runs quite smoothly with a 40Mbps download and 4Mbps upload actually!) but eventually the internet reverts to being slow randomly.

Is it the AT&T AirHub box? Or is it AT&T? My location and internet traffic? Is the key to faster internet in the settings? Support says my speeds should be up to 60mbps

I've noticed that my personal device (I only have my pc connected to it) is listed under "wifi 2.4GHz" in the router IP address settings when I have it connected via CAT8 cable? Under the device list tab it does show it's on Ethernet Lan though. The motherboard is TUG GAMING X570-PRO (WIFI) so I don't think the slow speeds are on my end. I've disabled the wifi feature to ensure the ethernet cable is the only thing giving me internet. I've had better speeds to my PC using my phone's AT&T hotspot. Additionally, my phone, printer, nor security cameras can connect to the AT&T air hub unless I connect it to the guest 2.4GHz network, which caused my PC's connection to lag substantially more in games. Using the wifi feature on the router is also painfully slow.

Can I just have speeds like this happen everyday? The AT&T Airhub is capable, it's happened before but only temporarily.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.4K Messages

19 days ago

Not that it helps you right now but there is another poster who has the same issue. It sounds like it's on the AT&T side of things but getting somebody who understands AT&T's Internet Air is very difficult.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.