For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
EVlnte's profile

Mentor

• 

41 Messages

Tuesday, April 23rd, 2024 2:09 PM

Autopay Payment Method after Fraud Alert

As a potential victim of the 73 million user's whose data was breached by AT&T's negligence, I have decided to use my Apple Cash account as a method of payment. After the data breach, AT&T has the gall to request either a debit card or bank router codes or else my bill will increase by $5 per month.

Apple Cash is supposedly a prepaid virtual debit card whose number can be voided and changed at any time. I will be loading only the cash necessary each month to pay my AT&T bill. After entering the debit virtual account number into the AT&T Payment Method, I received an email from AT&T stating "Payment Method: N" was added. What does that mean? I am trying to make sure that AT&T registered the new payment method as a debit vs credit card.

122 Messages

6 days ago

When I go to the myAT&T app and manage auto pay details, does it say debit or credit anywhere (click on said card in there as well to show more details)? I have my bank account in there so I’m not sure if it would show a difference, worth a shot though!

Mentor

• 

41 Messages

6 days ago

Under Stored Payment Methods, it only identifies that it is a Visa but no mention of whether or not it is a debit card.

122 Messages

6 days ago

Dang I am really sorry, the only thing I can think of is to wait for the bill to see if it gives you the corect discount (obviously not the best answer) but customer service, 611, probably would be able to give you a solid answer. Ask to cancel service, it’ll get you to a real person the fastest.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.