Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
smithfamily8808's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, March 27th, 2016 5:41 PM

AT&T using deceptive marketing tactics to lure customer into commitments they DONT keep

I really just dont understand it. I mean i work so much i rarely use my internet until around what i have come to understand as peak hours. Now for awhile i thought to myself "Brandon, you ONLY have the elite service" you know 6mbps and it during the peak time so maybe thats why i am having issues with more than 1 device being used, or having to reset devices or wireless router to use 1 device, or while using my phone's internet browser my tv wont stream a movie straight through without reloading a million and one times. Heck i even gave the benefit of the doubt and thought, "the kids upstairs must have incredible internet creating a hoovering cloud and creating a deep dark cloud never to be detected by electronics and only to be rival by google maps attempts to scan over north korea or the bermuda triangle. Unfortunately though my elaborate thoughts were all but cut short of capitalism and constant herding tactics of telecommunication and corporate interest to satify the investor. I have been receiving probably the the better of my time with AT&T only half of my PAID speed at a whopping 3.49 download speed. Now granted that i pay for what is advertised as "UP to 6mbps" i guess a bump up of .5 mbps is better than the just below speed of "up to 3mbps". I am truly a believer now that these companies throttle service to compesate for the constant mobility of customers. All this i find out on my birthday 3/27 thanks AT&T your doing a great service to your investors while jipping a customer to maximize profits. I will be now contacting customer service for the 4th time to get a better service provided  P.S interestingly enough i cant even post the screen shot of my speed here i have attempted to use insert button and also drag and drop. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Here an update for ya! i retested just to see if just maybe i got a flue speed test and to my surprised i was right HA! now under 3 MBPS!! with only 1 DEVICE running. WOW i cant believe it 

Screen Shot 2016-03-27 at 10.38.22 AM.pngScreen Shot 2016-03-27 at 10.54.55 AM.png

2 Attachments

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Yours is as fast as mine and i'm paying for up to 45mb... imagine my excitement. 

Former Employee

• 

74 Messages

8 years ago

It's almost like wireless is a bad service (in general) and you should stick to a wired connection.

Anyways AT&T doesn't guarantee wireless connection at all, you're paying for a wired connection and you may as well use it.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Change your wireless channel. In most case it works.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I currently have Comcast and my plan expires in 1 month. I shopped ATT for a better deal. The sales rep promised me a package, Uverse 200 channels (U200) HD 2TVs, Unlimited VOIP Phone, High Speed Internet 45GB, for $109/mo plus taxes and fees. I explained my current Comcast package consisted of Digital plus (HD2TVs), 300 cable music channels, 50GB Internet, unlimited VOIP phone, for $127/mo plus taxes and fees. I said great sign me up as my 2year Comcast deal was expiring and I would get upped to over $200/mo.  So we completed the order and I asked for a written email confirmation of the order. Well that came, but there was no detail of the plan, just a schedule for install of Uverse, Internet, and phone. So I called in asking again for a written deal. It did not come. After 3 tries at this, I finally get a detail confirmation of the package, and instead of U200, it  is the base family package of 90 channels; 9 church channels, 18 shopping channels, 3 baby channels, 3 country channels, 13 kids channels, 19 news, sports, and family entertainment channels, not one movie channel of any kind....absolutely the worst junk channel lineup. And then only one HD box for one TV and no cable music channels. So I called in and then they tried to up-sell me...if I wanted the better packages. So to get even close to the Digital Plus that I currently have I was already up to $130.  I said why would I switch if you are not going to give me a deal that is more competitive?....the rep explained that she could only offer me what was in the computer and could not adjust any pricing. 

SO, I CANCELLED THE ORDER.

FOR REASON OF FALSE, MISLEADING, AND DECEPTIVE, MARKETING AND ADVERTISING PRACTICES.  

LIAR - LIARs PANTS ON FIRES. 

[Please keep it courteous]

Robert R , Deerfield Beach Florida

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.