Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
jobrandes's profile

• 

2 Messages

Friday, May 13th, 2022 3:02 PM

Connect Nest WiFi with ATT Fiber Gateway

Hi there,

I recently switched to ATT Fiber from cable service.  I had the Nest WIFI router and points at my old house with cable working beautifully.  I now have the ATT Fiber Gateway and do not know how to use the Nest WiFi and points in my house.  I have awful service downstairs but upstairs it is great, of course, because that is where the gateway is.  Can anyone point me to what I need to do in order to use these points I have, right now they are just bricks serving no purpose and I'd like to get better service to the rest of the house.  I work from home so I don't want to screw up what is working but I also need downstairs to have better service.

Thanks so much,

Jo

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

35.5K Messages

2 years ago

ACE - Expert

• 

24.5K Messages

2 years ago

Is the gateway in pass-through mode? That's what you need to do if you are going to use the Nest WiFi router and AP's.

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I have done nothing to the gateway since the install.  It is the BGW320-505. I will take a look at the stuff posted above by you both, thank you. 

ACE - Professor

• 

5.8K Messages

2 years ago

Since you have a bgw320, you might consider upgrading to an AX Wi-Fi mesh system. More money but the nest Wi-Fi is an older system with low theoretical Wi-Fi speeds. AC1200. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.