Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
Spartan1824's profile

22 Messages

Saturday, May 4th, 2024 5:33 AM

BGW320-505 and eero pro 6e port forwarding issues

TL;DR: I am having issues eero and att bgw320-505 port forwarding.

Hi all! I am writing this to hopefully get some help. Recently got ATT fiber and an eero system, I managed to make my eero system act as the router and the bgw320 act as a modem more or less but Port forwarding just won't work. I have IP Passthrough set to the eero, the ports are forwarded in the eero app and all firewall rules are off for the bgw (aswell as all wifi networks). People are able to see the connection but are unable to actually connect. Also the WAN IP is the same on the eero and the bgw320. Any help is appreciated!

Scholar

• 

3.9K Messages

14 days ago

I managed to make my eero system act as the router and the bgw320 act as a modem more or less but Port forwarding just won't work. I have IP Passthrough set to the eero, the ports are forwarded in the eero app 

Also the WAN IP is the same on the eero and the bgw320. Any help is appreciated!

The BGW320 is still routing traffic it is not just a modem. You do have a successful IP/Passthru set if your eero router has the same address as your BGW320 WAN IP address. Just wondering which IP/Passthrough mode you used: 

• DHCPS-dynamic: The public WAN IP address is delivered by the AT&T provided RG's DHCP server to the first device that requests a DHCP address on the LAN.
  • DHCPS-fixed: The public WAN IP address is delivered by the device's DHCP server to the device whose MAC address has been specified.
  • Manual: A LAN device must be manually configured with the AT&T provided device's assigned WAN IP address and gateway information. To use this method, you will need to contact Customer Care to obtain your Wan IP Address, default gateway, and subnet mask.

Are you using these steps in your eero app?

Setting up a Port Forward
  1. Tap the “Settings” tab in the application.
  2. Tap “Reservations and Forwarding”
  3. Tap on "Add a Reservation”
  4. Select the device to port forward from the device list.
  5. Tap on “Open” a port.
  6. Name the port.
  7. Use the port information from the manufacturer.
  8. Tap “Save”

Could you post a screen shot of a port mapping in the eero app?

Dave

22 Messages

14 days ago

Hi Dave! I have it set to dhcps dynamic and it does have the primary eeros mac address set. Here is my port forwarding page

ACE - Expert

• 

35.5K Messages

14 days ago

Verify that the port is open and working from a different computer inside your network.  Many "Port forwarding" problems stem from the port not being fully available on the host computer itself due to:

• Software firewall on the server (e.g. Windows Firewall, security suite)
  • Container software proxy configurations (e.g. Docker setup)
  • server software not actually running when testing, etc. (i.e. unless the server is running, the port isn't open)
  • Wrong Protocol (TCP vs UDP)
  • Wrong Port Number (transposed digits, different ports for different platforms or versions)

Verifying that the port works from another local computer using the local address ensures that most of these issues are dealt with and you can return the focus to the Port Forwarding itself.

(edited)

22 Messages

14 days ago

I am able to connect to that port with a machine on the same network, I'm needing it to be accessible to devices outside the network.

Scholar

• 

3.9K Messages

14 days ago

Could you post the result when you "Click" the Open port chevron > on your eero app?

Note: no port forwarding is required to access a devices ports on your LAN segment.

Dave

(edited)

22 Messages

14 days ago

Sure thing! Here is the port I have set to be forwarded and the open a port section for making a new port forward.

Scholar

• 

3.9K Messages

14 days ago

Looks good you have a 1-1 match of external to internal ports mapped for your service. Did make any other changes on your AT&T Gateway beyond just the IP/Passthrough settings? Example: setting up services and mapping ports to your eero pro 6e. Since you are using IP/Passthrough mode there should be no duplicate service / port mapping on the AT& Gateway.

Do you have a current version of eeroOS on your eero Pro 6e? You can check using the information below:

Check and see if an eeroOS update is available for your network, do the following:

• Open the eero App and Tap the Settings Icon in the bottom right corner
  • Tap Software Updates
  • If you see the option Update available, you can tap that and update your eero network to the latest OS version

If you see no updates available then you have the latest version already.

Dave

22 Messages

14 days ago

The eero system is up to date, and as far as my AT&T gateway goes besides ip pass-through, I have turned off the wifi signals and the home ssid associated for both frequencies, I have tried turning off all advanced firewall options on the gateway as well but nothing changes whether the default rules are on or off.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.5K Messages

14 days ago

It appears from a quick review of port mapping that there are other ports for this software.  Did you do the other ports as well?

22 Messages

14 days ago

Well for the old version of ark it does require ports 7777, 7778, and 27015. However, I am hosting on the new version of ark, which only requires servers to have 7777 forwarded. The server was working fine on my old router when I just had spectrum.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.