For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
JtBellaire's profile

Tutor

• 

22 Messages

Wednesday, April 24th, 2024 12:26 AM

Rate increase

Does anyone else have a problem with what AT&T is asking for to avoid their latest price increase.? Last rate increase they said if I signed up for direct billing through my credit card I could avoid the increase, so I reluctantly did that. Now they want access to my bank account for direct payment. ARE THEY CRAZY? They just had a huge data breach and my information was a part of the breach. And they want access to my bank. I don’t think so. I think my automatic payment through my credit card should be sufficient. There is no way I will ever give anyone access to my bank account.

Anyone else have a problem with this?

Just curious.

ACE - Expert

• 

32.2K Messages

11 days ago

Technically not a rate increase, as the rates themselves weren't going up. The just were reducing the discount options available. Other companies removed the discount completely. This how they are all dealing with increased costs from card companies.

Doesn't matter what you think is sufficient. It is up the company what discounts they offer. If you prefer to stay with credit card that is up to you. Remember, they don't have to give you a discount at all. Just the reality of the situation.

Scholar

• 

3.8K Messages

11 days ago

I think my automatic payment through my credit card should be sufficient. There is no way I will ever give anyone access to my bank account.

Anyone else have a problem with this?

Just curious.

All the providers are beginning to pass the credit card process fees along to us the customers. That's why they want Debit cards or bank account information.

Dave

Tutor

• 

22 Messages

10 days ago

I’m still not giving a business that just got hacked my bank account information. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.