Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
What is happening with 3G?
elevalley's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, June 11th, 2016 6:02 AM

Can anyone tell me if this Microcell is able to be activated?

Hello, I purchased this item from a local 2nd hand store and would like to check to see if it has been deactivated from the previous users account and is available to activate The Seriel # is 34*** CSN #176042430 RS #17-4143 Thank you

[Edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Scholar

• 

218 Messages

8 years ago

If you have an active post paid ATT account, sign on to your account:

Under the "I want to " tab, go to

Manage my plan

and then

Manage 3G micro Cell

Using that serial number, attempt to activate it. If you do not get an error message, it meanns the MC serial number is not active on another account.

It is no garantee tihe MC is not defective.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.4K Messages

8 years ago

rjniles's method is an excellent way to figure that out. It's even in the Tech Guide (with a nod to him). Try it.

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

8 years ago

We always recommend to people interested in buying used Mcells to make sure the seller guaranties the Mcell to be in working order and that it has been deactivated BEFORE purchasing the Mcell.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

I just had my my microcell die after 5 years use. AT&T should provide one for you free of charge if you can't get a phone signal in your home.

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

8 years ago

So what you are saying is that AT&T should comp you even if you live in the middle of nowhere or your house is a giant Faraday cage and blocks cell tower signals?

AT&T doesn't typically provide free Mcells to people but they have been known to.  I got one for free 3 years ago after complaining about poor service, but they've tightened that up considerably since then.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.4K Messages

8 years ago

@bsieffer wrote:
I just had my my microcell die after 5 years use. AT&T should provide one for you free of charge if you can't get a phone signal in your home.

......and Ford should supply you with free or discounted gas for your car that you had to buy because you needed to get to work. All you can do is ask, especially if you purchased one before. Maybe  your MicroCell died because of a failed ac adapter and you didn't, or don't, even need  new one.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.