Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The new iPad Pro & iPad Air!
Tamer678's profile

Contributor

• 

13 Messages

Wednesday, May 8th, 2024 12:34 AM

iPhone 14 pro max isn’t in AT&T Database

I have been trying to get my phone unlocked at https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/ however when I tried to do it it just kept saying “ We can’t unlock this device because we can’t locate it in our database of devices sold by AT&T” any solution please

ACE - Master

• 

10.6K Messages

12 days ago

That message usually means that the phone was never activated or used on AT&T, so the IMEI isn’t in the unlocking database.  Your options are limited.  You can call AT&T, but if you aren’t a customer, they will likely just tell you to use the online portal, which won’t work.  You can try filing a FCC complaint.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

10 days ago

Where did you buy the iPhone from?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

9 days ago

So is there a good reason for that message? Like you bought it directly from Apple as a Sim free device? You bought it from a different carrier? It was never used on AT&T even though it was purchased for at&t?  

In order for AT&T to unlock a phone it has to be sold and activated on AT&T and locked to AT&T and must meet all eligibility requirements.

Phones have to be used and registered on AT&T for at least two weeks to show up in the database. If the phone has not been used for 60 days it is not eligible for unlocking 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.