Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The new iPad Pro & iPad Air!
weston_winn's profile

4 Messages

Saturday, May 4th, 2024 12:25 PM

adding a smart watch

I just upgraded my older phone for the new iPhone 15 max pro 4 days ago and decided to get an apple watch added to my account, well after choosing the watch and plan for it which was unlimited and added to check out its now saying I need a eligible smartphone lol. like I just did the upgrade!! why would i need a eligible phone anyways? don't AT&T just do installment plans on watches to use with a phone already on the plan? I mean I did add the extra line for the watch and its Wi-Fi & Bluetooth compatible. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.7K Messages

20 days ago

It sounds like you're not signed into your account when you added the watch line so it thinks you want a completely separate account with the watch alone which is not the case. 

Start by logging into your AT&T account, then select the option to add a line , then select the smartwatch

4 Messages

20 days ago

Thank you for your reply and helping, i was logged in to my account when I tried lol, it's very crazy that after just getting a new 15 max pro that they there is still a red warning saying I didn't choose an eligible smartphone for the smartwatch and wouldn't let me proceed to completing the order in my cart.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.7K Messages

20 days ago

Hmmm. 

Are you trying to get the smartwatch under the promotion that requires a phone in the same purchase?  

There is a watch deal, if your phone was purchased more than 14 days ago you would not qualify for the watch deal.

If you did purchase your phone within the last 14 days the deal may have to be manually applied.

I would recommend making your purchase an AT&T store, they can help you set up number sync and pair the watch

4 Messages

19 days ago

Yes I just got my new phone last Wednesday. We decided after looking on line that every single watch they are showing on AT&T’s website are much cheaper lol $500 watches for $400-$450. Definitely better deals online vs buying any apple smartwatch’s through AT&T. I appreciate the help and suggestions you had and thank you so much. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.