Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The new iPad Pro & iPad Air!
dt0718's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, October 19th, 2014 7:24 AM

ACTIVATE iPhone6

I purchased an iPhone6 from Amazon.com. I don't have the billing zip code & SSN to activate this phone, what could I do? The IMEI is [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]. Is there a contract with this phone?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

10 years ago

@dt0718 wrote:

I purchased an iPhone6 from Amazon.com. I don't have the billing zip code & SSN to activate this phone, what could I do? The IMEI is [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]. Is there a contract with this phone?

If it is asking you for a zip code and last 4 digits of an SSN, the [hone you purchased was ordered and shipped to someone's house.  This means that either the person who sold it to you through Amazon ordered it and decided to sell it before ever activating it, or, they "acquired it" from someone who had ordered it, most likely with the intention of selling it and leaving the person who ordered it without a new phone.  When you order a phone online from AT&T or Apple, it is pre-configured for your account so that if it is "lost" or "stolen" the person who "finds" it can't just activate it and use it without knowing at least a little information about you.  Since you are now being asked for that information, it implies that the phone you purchased is either stolen, or that the seller you bought it from was the person who ordered it originally, and they can provide the needed information.  You might want to contact Amazon with this information because you might be able to get them to assist you with the seller if the phone does not meet the description of what was advertised

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.