Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
pierrenader's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Monday, January 26th, 2015 3:00 PM

working in Poland ?

hello everybody, i'm going to buy one samsung galaxy s5 active and an iphone 5 from Ebay, but both of them are using your network AT&T, my question was if the phones will work in Poland?
i thanks everyone for helping..
Pierre

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

9 years ago

Save yourself the heartache and DONT buy an AT&T branded phone for use outside the USA off ebay. You want a non-carrier specific version.

* will have all the needed wireless bands

* will not be carrier locked to a specific carrier and require a (usually difficult to get) carrier unlock

* will not have carrier specific firmware so features like wireless hotspot will actually work

* will not have to be on a specific carrier to get updates.

It's just not worth it. Sure it seems cheaper, but the hassles aren't worth it.

That's my suggestion anyway.

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

9 years ago

My answer are very much the same as above.
If the phone is fully unlocked,it will work on 2G and maybe 3G all over EU.
Unless the price is right, just don't bother.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

thank you for your reply, but i may not really understand, because of my bad english.
so you say that it is possible, but with some issue..can you please explain me what kind of issue will i have with the phone while using it here?
i saw manny site or even AT&T can unlock phones..if so, after that will i always have some issue?
i heard that 3g and 4 g connection will not work for example..

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

thank you for your reply, you mean 3g connection''data'' internet? might not work? but what about wireless?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

as long as the bands your wireless provider uses match the bands in the phone you will get voice service.  You may not get data services.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

does this mean i can only make phone calls?
and ''may'' not use the data connection.
and anything else like, wifi or any other application downloads, itune(for iphone) ex...will this kind of stuff work?
im sorry but you said ''may'', what are the consequences?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

my network is 900/2100MHz 8/1bands

for me this numbers only mean numbers..

is it to much to ask if the iphone 5 and the galaxy s5 active will work properly?

i realy thank you

Professor

• 

3K Messages

9 years ago

@pierrenader wrote:

my network is 900/2100MHz 8/1bands

for me this numbers only mean numbers..

And to us, those numbers don't mean anything unless you indicate whether they refer to GSM bands, or HSPA (3G) bands.

Professor

• 

3K Messages

9 years ago

@johninsj wrote:

Save yourself the heartache and DONT buy an AT&T branded phone for use outside the USA off ebay. You want a non-carrier specific version.

* will have all the needed wireless bands

* will not be carrier locked to a specific carrier and require a (usually difficult to get) carrier unlock

* will not have carrier specific firmware so features like wireless hotspot will actually work

* will not have to be on a specific carrier to get updates.

It's just not worth it. Sure it seems cheaper, but the hassles aren't worth it.

That's my suggestion anyway.

I strongly agree with the above.  For folks that reside outside the US; I recommend not buying any carrier branded phone from the US, and especially not AT&T.

AT&T phones often have features locked out.  Not just WiFi hotspot, but also somewhat basic things like FM radio and even flashlight (torch)!  You need root to fix these things (if you can at all).

You will need to get the phone SIM unlocked.  The SIM unlock may even fail, meaning your phone is completely useless!

Further, if you aren't completely comfortable  in your knowledge and ability to determine if the device will work on your network (band compatibility) again, my recommendation is DO NOT BUY THE PHONES.  This determination is fair from trivial, and lots of folks have purchased phones from other countries, only to find they don't work.  Don't be that person!

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

it is using a GSM band 900 1800

3g 2100

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.