Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Ashleighblake's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, February 18th, 2019 2:41 PM

Closed

Serious answers and responses only, PLEASE!!

My mother recently gave me her old phone and I factory reset it completely without thinking and now it's saying since it was reset that now it needs her email that was previously synced to the device and she can't remember the email nor password used, what can I do to get into this phone and be able to activate it, set it up, and use as my own?!?! Help, someone, anyone!?!? 

I'M DESPERATE!!!!!!!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

5 years ago

User locks are designed to lock a device and cannot be removed without the user credentials.  Apple will unlock devices with proof of purchase.  Other manufacturers have no such option.  

So unless momma can recover her password to the google account, from google, the phone is a brick.

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Most phones are fairly easy to bypass  the Google block. An internet search , sometimes requiring a lot of skills, can be very fruitful. Most of the time a laptop or P. c. Is needed and a few basic apps ... I wrote this answer because I see all the time folks claiming that a phone is impenetrable and giving the " corporate response" 

ACE - Expert

• 

27.8K Messages

3 years ago

2yo post.  Closed.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.