For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
carl1961's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, July 19th, 2014 12:06 AM

Kies needs updating to the latest KitKat, N900AUCUCNC2 Samsung NOTE 3 firmware

Model             Country/Carrier      Date                Version          PDA                    CSC                Kies

SM-N900A     USA (AT&T)       2013 November    4.3       N900AUCUBMI9 N900AATTBMI9

Kies needs updating to the latest KitKat, N900AUCUCNC2  Samsung NOTE 3  firmware

N900AUCUBMI9 is useless , it contains  a very old  Bootloader  that will never install, also it is costing countless downloads and server ussage

Updating your Kies firmware will save you thousands of returned phone's that Kies could fix.

I cannot understand why no one at AT&T cellphone service department cannot see this.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello @carl1961 

Kies is not an AT&T product, it's distributed and maintained by Samsung, as far as I know AT&T doesn't deliver updates through Kies. AT&T pushes OS updates to its customers over the air. And the latest baseband version available from AT&T is N900AUCUBMJ5.

Thank you.

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

No Latest base OTA update is N900AUCUCNC2  KitKat that contains a bootloader that is not downgradeable and once you take that base the file (MI9 on kies restore is no good,  the kies is a part of the ROM that gets called when a OTA fails and tells you to install kies to fix your phone. so it is AT&T responability to update the Kies with a Updated full restore.

But sence you did not know that N900AUCUCNC2  was the latest base, then you must be getting your answers off a paper.

[Please keep it courteous]

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Correct, I apologize, I was looking at the bottom of the eSupport article, and got those numbers confused. Unfortunately, this is a peer to peer community and you won't get an official answer here.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.