Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
RufusVal's profile

1 Message

Tuesday, September 26th, 2023 9:34 PM

Traveling Abroad

I have a prepaid work phone that I only use for talk/text. Next week I'm traveling to Aruba which is not covered under prepaid travel. How can I get access to my text messages? Switch to postpaid? Can I read/respond to text messages sent to this phone from a computer? Is there an app that will forward my text messages to another phone? Thanks 

Accepted Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

7 months ago

These are the countries that are covered by AT&t's prepaid $35 add-on which provides one week of service and 5 GB of data

https://www.att.com/prepaid/static-pages/intl-travel-add-on/

Text messages do not forward unless they are forwarded manually which they cannot do since your phone is with you and you have no service.

The alternative is using Wi-Fi calling if you have a compatible phone and set up Wi-Fi calling before you left the United States.

You cannot switch to postpaid while you are outside of the USA. You would have to make that sort of switch before you left. Roaming is subject to credit limits. It's not unusual for roaming to be blocked for the first 60 days of postpaid service.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.