Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Get the myAT&T app
jsturgil's profile

1 Message

Saturday, March 9th, 2024 2:42 PM

AT&T Ethics

The young gentleman (using that term loosely) that met with us in our home to set us up with AT&T, talked us into trading in the phones we had for new ones and how much money we would save. My iPhone at that time was an iPhone 14 pro and Lois's was an iPhone 8 plus. I had just purchased my iPhone 14 a few months previously and was quite happy with it. I was assured that it would cost practically nothing to upgrade to an iPhone 15 max and Lois a iPhone 14. We are now paying to AT&T $55 for WiFi and $127.19 for two mobile phones.
We just found out being a member with AARP, we could switch to Consumer Cellular for two mobile phones for $55 a month with unlimited usage. Consumer Cellular uses AT&T's cell towers.

The kicker is, in order to get away from our AT&T phone service, they say I still owe $1099.97 on the iPhone 15 and another $669.15 for the iPhone 14 that Lois has. Plus another $127.19 as a final bill. The only way we get any credit for our trade-ins is to stay with AT&T and pay it out for three years. It's like I received nothing for my iPhone I had and was quite happy with.
My final word on the subject is to not get involved with AT&T for anything.

146 Messages

2 months ago

Well it sounds like you are receiving some sort of trade-in, I’ll assume $1,000 because of your iPhone 14 Pro. The requirements for trade-ins (stay on installment for 36months, stay on qualifying plan etc…) are clearly posted online, your seller should have told you but it is not a rare occurrence that they do not. 
Trade-ins for AT&T and similar providers all work this way, because they are in cellular service sales, they make the promotion last three years, to keep you on the cellular plan. You give your old phone and 3 years of loyalty -> AT&T gives you the cheapest you will ever get an iPhone 15.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.