Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Trade In and Get Rewarded!
acrmets's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, December 2nd, 2019 7:40 PM

Closed

Sent Trade-In Phone to the wrong warehouse

I ordered a new iPhone 11 Pro and sent in my old one for the $300 trade-in bill credit with the current promotion. I sent the old phone back in the same box I received the new one in (with the included new shipping label placed over the old one). I've since realized that the phone went to the wrong warehouse, as I was supposed to send the phone back in a different box that was delivered separately. After a couple weeks of trying to get in contact with someone who could help me, I've realized that no one at the AT&T customer support phone number (or in the trade-in department direct line) can help me get the phone to the trade-in warehouse, since there is no phone number to the warehouse where my phone currently is. Has anyone had this same issue? I don't want to be out of $300/my iPhone 7 because the AT&T trade-in program is so confusing! Please help!

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

@hateithere file a claim with BBB, got my money within 24 hours of submitting the report. 

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

BBB

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

I'm having the exact same issue and each representative is giving a different answer. A supervisor even told me I had to speak to the Next Up Program dept who has absolutely nothing to do with tracking a phone. I will be filing a complaint with the BBB and the FCC first thing in the morning.

ACE - New Member

• 

286 Messages

3 years ago

@ialexvky

Stop calling AT&T and the Trade-In Department unless you like banging your head against walls. Accept that this is how AT&T has decided to treat their customers.

If you want to be done with the headache and get the bill credits you are eligible for, file an FCC complaint and you will be contacted by "The Office of the President" (a glorified term for Tier 3 Customer Support) in just a few days.

Here is the link to file a complaint:

https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us

I would suggest using a term that rhymes with "Perceptive Trade Cactus" in your complaint title.

Or you can keep calling AT&T CS and Trade-In Department (not actually AT&T but rather a company called Hyla) and pulling your hair out.

Good luck!

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

This is crazy, I'm having the same problem, I feel they are scamming us out of our phones & don't want to pay us for it. They said mine went to another warehouse they believe, but acting like they can't find it, mind you it had shipping details to find. But come Monday morning I'm filing a police report & will not pay another bill for this matter. This is a ongoing problem that they have created & know exactly what they are doing to people. Nobody can help you, they lie like they have no clue where your phone is, one person even lied & told me & said I didn't do a trade in, the postal service can trace EVERYTHING, I know that phone was picked up & delivered. But we ALL have to carry this to law enforcement, this is definitely a SCAM that AT&T has plotted to get our old phones from us for free!! Saying they will pay us & trade & don't. I sent my phone in since December 2020 and still haven't received my credit!!! My credit is worth $1000, they will not get away with this!! 

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

This is crazy, I'm having the same problem, I feel they are scamming us out of our phones & don't want to pay us for it. They said mine went to another warehouse they believe, but acting like they can't find it, mind you it had shipping details to find. But come Monday morning I'm filing a police report & will not pay another bill for this matter. This is a ongoing problem that they have created & know exactly what they are doing to people. Nobody can help you, they lie like they have no clue where your phone is, one person even lied & told me & said I didn't do a trade in, the postal service can trace EVERYTHING, I know that phone was picked up & delivered. But we ALL have to carry this to law enforcement, this is definitely a SCAM that AT&T has plotted to get our old phones from us for free!! Saying they will pay us & trade & don't. I sent my phone in since December 2020 and still haven't received my credit!!! My credit is worth $1000, they will not get away with this!! 

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Finally got a call from the Trade-in program folks.  Got our credit for both new phones.  One of the phones received the full credit in increments to offset our current phone bills. The other phone received the full credit against the total cost of the phone.  Wish I knew what got it started in the right direction.  Could be this forum.  So, be persistent.  Good luck!

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

I filed a complaint with the BBB on 3/2. Received a letter from the Office Of The President dated 3/17 stating my trade in was received on 2/28 and the credits will be added to my bill in 30 days. Guess what? AT&T charged me $140 for no device returned (even tho their system shows it was rec'd on 2/28). Called the Loyalty Dept and they wanted tracking info. For what? Another complaint submitted to the BBB. Over AT&T. I just want the issue resolved so I can switch to another carrier. 

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

UPDATE: BBB contacted me @ 8:07am on 4/27, $140 charge removed, $22 installment charge removed. I hope this is finally resolved...

ACE - New Member

• 

286 Messages

3 years ago

@SDRM

I hope you are right about the ordeal being over, but I would not count on it.

I suggest filing and FCC complaint the next time you have an issue. The FCC has regulatory authority over AT&T while the BBB is a private organization that does not have any power over AT&T.

Use the link I posted above to file a complaint.

I hope you don't have to spend any more time on this; but if you do, bring the heavy tools.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.