Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Trade In and Get Rewarded!
acrmets's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, December 2nd, 2019 7:40 PM

Closed

Sent Trade-In Phone to the wrong warehouse

I ordered a new iPhone 11 Pro and sent in my old one for the $300 trade-in bill credit with the current promotion. I sent the old phone back in the same box I received the new one in (with the included new shipping label placed over the old one). I've since realized that the phone went to the wrong warehouse, as I was supposed to send the phone back in a different box that was delivered separately. After a couple weeks of trying to get in contact with someone who could help me, I've realized that no one at the AT&T customer support phone number (or in the trade-in department direct line) can help me get the phone to the trade-in warehouse, since there is no phone number to the warehouse where my phone currently is. Has anyone had this same issue? I don't want to be out of $300/my iPhone 7 because the AT&T trade-in program is so confusing! Please help!

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

UPDATE: I got my credit within 24 hours of filing my claim with the BBB. 

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Quite sad it has to come to this just to get a credit. 

As someone who deals with identifying/correcting inefficient processes, AT&T’s trade-in program could be a case study. 

ACE - New Member

• 

286 Messages

3 years ago

FrustratedMember07

You're assuming that what is happening is not intentionally designed. I think it is more nefarious than simple poor process, I think this is working exactly as it is supposed to.

Why do "escalations" at the Trade-In Department lead nowhere with no follow-up to the customer? Hyla designed their system so that "Tier 2 Escalations" do not exist.

Hyla pays less to AT&T for phones that are lower in value and AT&T provides lower bill credit amounts to customers as a result. Both parties have a financial incentive to act in the manner they are.

Deceptive and conspiratorial.

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

It’s definitely plausible. The information overload during the trade in process, a return label IN the box the new phone was sent in (knowing it was a trade-in), extremely long wait times to talk to a real person...

You've got me convinced! I certainly will never do another trade-in with AT&T, but they have definitely been outstanding with me as a military customer. I guess all I wish for is consistency!

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

I have been trying to resolve this same problem since November.  Have 2 lines, one for myself and the other for my wife.  The promotion on an iPhone 11 ProMax for our iPhone 8 plus was $800 if purchased online by 5 November.  I selected the Midnight Green, and she selected the Rose Gold.  I received the Midnight Green 11 Pro Max in four days.  Sent the 8Plus back in the box sent with the 11 Pro Max.  A week later, the status on her phone changed to no longer available.  Rose Gold is available for 12 ProMax, but we could no longer get the $800, it is now $700.  Ordered the 12 Pro Max received it a week later, only this time received instructions to mail trade-in in a separate package to be received for the trade-in.   Sent her iPhone 8Plus in the Trade-in box, with trade-in label.   A few weeks later, after checking on the trade-in status for both phones -- have the trade-in confirmation numbers and IMEI for both--only her trade-in was received.  After months of phone calls and checking on the "Trade-in Status", we finally get an email, 28 January 2021, notifying us that we will be receiving the trade-in credits for both phones, referencing our trade-in confirmation numbers.  What a surprise that was.  "We could expect a text message on our trade-in credits within the next 30 days." As of this date, no text update has been received, a $300 credit, not the agreed to $700 credit, was applied to our account for her phone, and still no status on the $800 credit for my phone.  Not sure if there will be a fair end to this unending story.  Not sure either if case number 639367 still exists.  Will continue to call and send emails.  

ACE - New Member

• 

286 Messages

3 years ago

@obewon2000

@alexbravo

Your situations are quite common. I believe you will find the information you need to resolve your issues in these forums.

Any time spent emailing, chatting, or on the phone with Customer Service or the Trade-In Department is a waste and will only frustrate you.

File an FCC complaint (https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us)

and you will be contacted very shortly by someone from the Office of the President (a glorified title for Tier 3 Customer Service).

AT&T's system is broken, and they know it. You can bang your head against the wall by trying to go through the system that does not work or you can get the promotion you were promised by filing an FCC complaint. There are certain key words that may help as you file your complaint (one rhymes with "Perceptive Frayed Cactus").

Go to my profile and check the posts I have made or commented on. You will see that there is only one way to get AT&T's attention, and it requires you to "tattle" to an outside agency in order for AT&T to listen to you.

Good luck!

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Thanks for the referral. 

paul

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I'm in the same boat as everyone else. This sounds like a CAL waiting to happen. If I get edited again fine but we all know what I’m trying to say. Too many people have been scammed by ATT at this point. We need to band together and fight this! They are crooks!!!!

(edited)

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I’ve had pretty much the same issues. Sent three phones back end of November beginning of December.  Credit was supposed to be $1300 for all of them. Sent them all in different packages on different days. Have quote #s for all three and the USPS tracking for two of them. Still can’t get an update on any of the phones. When I call I’m put on hold forever until I’m disconnected or give up. When I try chats they all abruptly end. Workers at store don’t have answers and tell me to wait a bit longer or give me a number or email to try. When I’ve got a response from emails I’m just told again to wait a bit longer. 

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

i have called several times and every time they have put me down as a tier 2 escalation and someone is supposed to contact me within 48 hr and no one ever does.  Going to call back tomorrow and demand answers! they are holding on to my property but dont want to give credit for it

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.