Landline Phone Troubleshooting

Landline Phone Troubleshooting

Get help with service problems, maintenance, wiring & more.

Ask a question

Pinned posts

(0)
No conversations found!
(454)

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Is anyone still publishing a paper phone book?

I like to have a paper copy of my local white nd yellow phone directories. Usually more convenient than firing up my Iphone. Can't seem to find anyone that publishes one anymore.  Everyone apparently is supposed to go digital these days.

Questions

Reactivating Old Telephone Numbers

I don't understand why AT&T is reluctant to reactivate tel numbers that haven't been used in 90 days. They claim they go to a graveyard never to be heard from again. Why? It's not like it's a technology thing. It can be done, if they wanted to. Also, AT&T now owns Pac Bell. The number in q

Questions

vtect LS6204 handset

I ordered a used / preowned VTEC LS6204 from ebay. the unit with a fresh battery displays "searching for base" After several attempts to de register and re register the unit the results are nil, unit does not flinch from "searching for base" display. Can this even be done ? to register a unit tha

Questions

Unauthorized closing of account and phone number ported out.

After being a AT&T customer for 30 years, in January 2023 my landline phone stopped working. After calling customer service, I was told my phone account was closed (not requested) and my phone number had been ported out to Verizon (not requested). I was told by customer service that I had to cal

Questions

Transfer PIN for AT&T Landline

I am trying to port a landline to another carrier. The other carrier tells me I need a Transfer PIN.  I need specific directions on how to get that for a LANDLINE.

Questions

AT&T box falling apart in yard

We don't have an AT&T landline (the previous home owners did), we use AT&T wireless. We still have an AT&T cable/phone box in our front yard and it's falling apart. I'm holding it upright by zip tying it to a piece of rebar, and the box itself is full of dirt and fireants. It looks reall

Questions

Time skips ahead by five minutes whenever a call comes in

My phone is the AT&T BL102/BL102-2/BL102-3/BL102-4/BL102-5 DECT 6.0 cordless telephone/answering system withcaller ID/call waiting. My issue is that I've set the time to the proper time via my computer, and whenever a call comes in, the time jumps by 5 minutes. I constantly reset it, and it keep

Questions

Cell to landline works but landline to cell doesn’t work

My hubby can call his dads landline, but wen dad calls hubby’s cell it says it can’t connect or unavailable. Yet dad can call my cell and others n we can call him. No one is blocked, do not disturb, forwarded as far as we can see. It was working fine before a few days ago n now nothing.

Questions

Access to long-distance provider is not authorized

Some long-distance calls made from my land line phone cannot be completed. The automatic message is, "Access to this long-distance provider is not authorized." Yet when I call the same number using my wireless phone, the call goes through. Why the difference?

Questions

Machine blinking 1.

ATT EL52319 home phone base blinking 1, even after messages deleted. Any idea on how to reset the counter? Unplugging did not work. Thanks.

Questions

Be the first to reply

(196)
Accelerator error

Hi, my dad has an sbc global email account that he cannot currently access. He has spent many hours on the phone with different people at AT&T trying to resolve. He has changed password, tried to set up security key, etc etc. he can login with his credentials on the currently site, but still can

Questions

A friend's email is bouncing back after he sent a large image file attachment

A friend's email is bouncing back after he sent a large image file attachment, now he can't send me a normal email. How do I get him un blocked?  (My email account is not blocking him.)

Questions

International Calling

What is the difference between AT&T International Day Pass($10/day) and AT&T International Calling Package ($15/mo.)? Which one is the cheapest to use? If I am using my phone daily(calls, text etc.) it would seem AT&T International Calling Package is the better deal? I have AT&T Int

Questions

Account Passcode

I cannot set my account passcode for some reason I am trying to set my account passcode and the page will not accept the security PIN/code that get texted to my new phone that I just got yesterday. Why why why do I get this error every time I try to do the passcode   "Be sure you

Questions

Promised $300 rewards card, but only received $150 and cannot get through chat or customer service

I recently switched from Spectrum Internet (had been with them since well before when they were Time Warner) to 1 gig fiber (residential customer). I was told I was getting a $300 gift card since I fit and followed all criteria: 1.) Wireless Customer with an unlimited line (We have 2 unlimited l

Questions

loyalty discount

After 15 years or more, we dropped our uverse tv but kept internet . The TV was getting way to expensive for us. We are retired now. I was told on chat that our internet loyalty discount would stay. But unfortunately they took it off. has anyone had success in getting the internet payment lower ? F

Questions

Trending Accepted Solutions

(336)

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Report outage

Is there any way to report an outage on a landline besides staying on hold for an hour or more??

Questions

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

High Speed Internet Down SIX DAYS - Neighborhood Outage - NO PROGRESS

Our high speed internet has been down 6 days with no progress. It is an area outage. Multiple calls to "repair" from me and neighbors and we are promised each time that it will be fixed in 24 hours. No updates at all. We've been promised escalations - NO RESULTS. Spectrum trucks are all over the nei

Questions

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

U-Verse and Internet (Fiber)

We are thinking of dropping U-Verse and going solely to the streaming platforms. Right now, we are bundled with U-Verse and Internet but thinking of just using AT&T for the internet. Does anyone know if our internet price will increase since it wouldn't be bundled with cable too? We are paying $

Questions

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Equipment REturn

Does anyone have a physical ATT address to return equipment? I called and texted but they said the only way to return was FEDEX/UPS Stores.  I don't have a car to get to one.

Questions

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

I need to get my old iPhone that I sold unlocked.

I need to get my old iPhone that I sold unlocked. I do not want to unlock my new iPhone.

Questions