Landline Phone Troubleshooting

Landline Phone Troubleshooting

Get help with service problems, maintenance, wiring & more.

Ask a question

Pinned posts

(0)
No conversations found!
(347)
ATT EL52313

Phone can receive calls from some numbers fine but for a particular local landline number calls out always get busy signal and calls in ring but there is no voice. The attempted calls are family members, no pranks involved. The other person also is receiving calls from other callers as usual.w

Questions

pairing etensions sets from Panasonic to AT$T main base.

Can I connect extensins fro Panasonic old phones worked well with my cordless base, now the base is gone but lef the extensions and now have AT&T basafter 3 attemps from technicians. I have a Princess set connected in my bedroom plugged to telephone line but a humming noise and no caller id.'

Questions

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ATT voicemail is interfering with my phone voicemail, causing calls to be missed

ATT voicemail. Picks up my calls before my answering machine, despite several attempts to reset ring number. Can I pause ATT voicemail and just allow the answering machine to play message?

Questions

Why such ineptitude?

My phone got disconnected. I don’t know how.  I was in the midst of moving and didn’t notice it until I was moved into the new apartment. I called AT&T on my cell.  A couple of days later a tech came in and installed a new Arris gateway.  It did not help.  This began hour

Questions

Removal of old phone lines on propety that are hanging, but don't connect to my home but another

hi, Looking for AT&T to guide me on how to remove old phone lines and pole that are on the side of my property going to a property behind. The lines im assuming aren't in use as the junction box on the solo pole has just wires hanging out. In addition the lines are sagging heavily from vines an

Questions

Closed

ATT voicemail blocking my answering machine

My landline wireless phone has an answering machine. can I suspend ATT voicemail so I can just get messages on my answering machine? Right now, despite having number of rings adjusted a few times by ATT, their voicemail picks up after 2-3 rings and I miss calls.

Questions

Can't Create A User Id with AT&T

Whether, I type my phone number or the account number plus the zipcode I get an error saying "That information doesn't look quite right. Try again." I tried different browsers on my computer, cleared cookies,cache, and browsing history, but get the same error. I don't have a mobile device or anot

Questions

land lines do not ring

I have 3 landlines. Suddenly all 3 no longer ring in response to incoming calls. I still have a dial tone and can make outgoing calls. are these incoming and outgoing calls on separate lines or cables or wires?

Questions

att cordless phone at home, i answer it and can hear the other voice on other end but they cant hear me

i can hear the caller but my voice doesnt come across the phone at all. i have a set of 5 phones n bases. i tried swapping out a new cordless phone to see if that was issue but did the same thing. my calls are dialing and connecting to customers , they just cant hear me.

Questions

Removal of easement

I am an attorney in Marshall, Michigan and am working on a project that needs to have a road vacated and an AT&T easement moved/abandoned. Can you please help me with a contact person?

Questions

Be the first to reply

(130)
AT&T won’t apply credits and marked my phones as a recycle after 2 years!

I bought to iPhones 13 pro max and traded in my iPhone 8 and IPhone SE . I waited more than a year for them to apply credits. Whenever I called customer service they use to tell me they haven’t received the phones. After talking to the supervisor I was told that my credits will be applied in 3 bi

Questions

• Wireless

High Ping/Packet Loss Start Jan 27. Starts at 8pm every night. Alabama.

Everything is fine during the day. Not sure what else to say an i know im not the only one after reading the forums here. I am seeing incredible high ping in games, navigating websites, I'm dropping packets. Everything has been rebooted, updated, unplugged, etc. I am seeing tons of "Invalid IP P

Questions

• Internet

ATT lied about $300 rebate

Offered a $300 Visa card for getting fiber one. Agent also offered $150 for getting the 1 gig .  Got the $150. Here’s all the excuses about why I didn’t the the Visa card.  Had to wait until  I had service for one month.  Reward center wasn’t authorized to give more than $200, t

Questions

• Internet

Same problem that hasn't been resolved.

I've tried numerous times thru chat or calls to ATT and so far NO help. I'm locked out of a sbcgobal.net email account I've had for YEARS. The password has been changed and my security questions have also been changed so I cannot reset the password.  

Questions

• Email

Can't hear anyone when receiving calls and they can't hear me when I make a call on home phone.

Home phone rings and just has "Ringing" in the caller ID window. I answer but can't hear anyone on the line.  I can call out but the person on the other end can't hear me.

Questions

Phone not making my calls

My SOS is on from my esim. I had been trying to make calls for a few hours and now I can’t make any

Questions

• Wireless

Trending Accepted Solutions

(117)

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Closed

DirecTV cancelling Newsmax

I am a 12 year subscriber to DirecTV & have had AT&T cell service for 15 years. I am EXTREMELY disappointed that DirecTV is cancelling Newsmax—the last (Edited per community guidelines) news channel. If this is not resolved with Newsmax being restored I will be cancelling my subscriptions.

Questions

• TV

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

I would like to speak to a live person about my account

See subject. How can I contact in life person about my account? I am a senior on a fixed income and my bill increased nearly $20 per month. I cannot afford this. What can I do to reduce it?

Questions

• Internet

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Contract Cancellation Fee - since when?

I signed up for a Unlimited Elite service with my own phone and recently had to switch to another carrier because of work. Why am I getting slapped with a contract cancellation fee when I was never told my account was set up under a contract. When I called AT&T to ask about my last bill there wa

Questions

• Wireless

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

NEED ACCOUNT HISTORY RECORDS

Hi I need to be able to access my account history for phone calls/text messages for the month of July of 2022. It will only let me see the last couple days of the month and I need to be able to view the middle of the month. I don’t even know if anyone working in “Support” or “Customer Service” wi

Questions

• Wireless

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ATT Damaged by Fiber installation in our subdivision

I have called every number I can find in this forum with 0 help, over 25 transfers to the "correct" department. And it's getting to the point where I'm going to just file it with the BBB.  I'm posting here as a last ditch effort to avoid any more headache. ATT is installing fiber in our sub

Questions

• Internet

Frequently Asked Questions

Expand all
Not finding what you're looking for?

Shop the way you want

Free shipping & returns

Shop online with free shipping and returns.

Learn more

Same-day pickup

Order online and pick up in-store or curbside today. Subject to availability.

Find a store

Same-day delivery

Get same-day delivery with optional expert setup. Subject to availability. Select areas only.

Learn more

Live shopping assistance

Get help picking out the perfect device and plan with a live virtual expert.

Learn more
How can we help you today?
Shop phones
& devices
Bring your
own device
Upgrade phone
Add a line
to your plan
Download
myAT&T app
Get help online
Visit a store
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.