Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
AT&T Fiber Installation

AT&T Fiber Installation

Tips for installing & connecting your AT&T Fiber equipment.

(4480)
Buried fiber line only 2 inches below lawn

Is it normal to bury the fiber line only 2 in below the lawn? I'm concerned that it could easily be cut or something like that. And one location weather is ground cover I see exposed wire right on top. Should I bury it myself a lot deeper or what? Thank you!

Questions

AT&T fiber installation service is terrible and broken.

I ordered the AT&T fiber service 2 weeks ago. When the install technician came to my house he said he can not finish the installation because the Fiber box (ONT box) is not installed, so I called the customer service to request someone to install the ONT box, and the next day the same install te

Questions

Closed

Broadband Light Red on Installation

I recently moved into an apartment with AT&T fiber and when I plugged in my gateway like in installation directions say to, the broadband light is solid red. I've talked with some support people already and they activated my account I believe but it still doesn't work. Should I just go to a loca

Questions

Months with a dug up yard with no end in sight

The AT&T Fiber Install has been going on in my neighborhood since October last year. They have changed contractors multiple times and yards are ripped up and not returned to the condition they were found.  I have bumpy, uneven, rocky, dead grass in multiple places they dug in my yard and c

Questions

Broadband Light Red on Installation

I recently moved into an apartment with AT&T fiber and when I plugged in my gateway like in installation directions say to, the broadband light is solid red. I've talked with some support people already and they activated my account I believe but it still doesn't work. Should I just go to a loca

Questions

Construction/Eng department contact

I have been emailing a contact the power company provided without response. Ormond beach Florida. 32174 i have searched for a phone number without luck. There are low overhead lines at a construction entrance, that will need to be relocated. Lots of ATT locate flags for underground service. Nee

Questions

Fiber optic sub contractors negligent

Long story short, ATT sub contractors ran fiber optic cable under my driveway, actually. In the middle of my yard outside of the easement, and cracked it.  They wanted to save money, removed the driveway they damaged and in the process broke 3 more concrete panels. The contractors have no busi

Questions

Closed

How to get in contact with AT&T Property Damage Claim

I recently had an AT&T technician come install Fiber connection at my resident and he accidentally broke the main pvc drainage pipe from my AC. He submitted a claim and provided me the claim number and said that someone from AT&T will dispatch a 3rd party technician to have the pvc pipe repl

Questions

Texas Contractor L&M aerial and underground

Att sent these people to my house to f up my yard driveway just run a horse(Edited per community guidelines) operation for 4 months in front of my house. Att won’t fix the dammage and the contractor Melanie Cornish king basically told me she didn’t care and laughed at me told me to sue her. It’s ove

Questions

Service Install Date

Is there a way to change the activation date for self install internet? I move in to my apartment in a few weeks and I thought I’d be able to pick a service start date.

Questions

Fiber optic service

I don’t understand how Att can install fiber optic upgrade in my home, yet tell me there’s a National Outage and I can’t have internet services now till next week. That means I have no Tv service, internet. Despicable way to treat customers

Questions

Gateway is outputting extremely low speeds to devices.

Recently moved into a new apartment. I ordered a self installation kit and had AT&T activate my apts unit however the last tenant left their gateway still plugged in and active so when I had AT&T activate my apt unit, the previous tenants gateway was activated. I reached out to customer serv

Questions

Need help?

Pinned posts

Most recent

View More

Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
Get the freedom to change your mind
With no annual contract, you’re never locked in if your needs change or if you want to upgrade to a higher speed.

Got a few minutes to learn more?

Check out these informative articles and resources.

Abstract rendering of Fiber optic internet.

EXPLAINER

What’s fiber internet?

Between remote work, gaming, streaming videos, social media, email, and so on, many of us spend a huge portion of our lives online. That’s what draws so many people to internet powered by fiber.
Woman working from home and videoconferencing with several colleagues.

TRENDING NOW

AT&T Fiber now delivers speeds up to 5 GIG

Is your home internet fast enough? Depending on speed tier availability and your household’s connectivity needs, you may choose an AT&T Fiber plan with hyper-gig speeds.
Three kids lounging on a sofa and browsing the web on their respective devices.

BLOG

A quick introduction to Wi-Fi 6

Wi-Fi 6 was designed to improve on previous standards in several ways, including more efficient battery usage, higher maximum bandwidth, improve security features, and more!
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.