Shop Now, Avoid Delays - Get Our Best Holiday Deals!
AT&T Fiber Installation

AT&T Fiber Installation

Tips for installing & connecting your AT&T Fiber equipment.

SUBCONTRACTORs are not licensed or insured - will not provide a valid business license

As posted on NextDoor and sent to the State Public Service Commission, our State Rep, and our State Senator, as well as the Better Business Bureau. They started digging today on our cul de sac (insert address). Two hours in and they hit a gas line. They did NOT notify the homeowner who was home

Questions

Gigapower wall connection

When you get regular cable internet the modem connects to the cable tv connection in the wall. When you get uverse gigapower what does the modem connect to?

Questions

Giga Power installed less than 30 days

So I have gigapower installed - less than 30 days and now it's not working. 12 years of internet service with AT&T not an outage that I recall or need for a service call. Calling AT&T is frustrating experience as expected  (20 minutes to talk to someone) - is it really difficult for AT&T to have a p

Questions

Two attempts to install fiber to my house and two failures to get it done

We had fiber run in our subdivision about 6 months ago and I got an email about 3 weeks ago stating that AT&T was ready to install fiber to my house.  I signed up for an installation. Three days later the installer came, poked around a few boxes across the street and at my curb, then knocked on my d

Questions

Fiber installed in neighborhood. How long till service is available?

ATT recently installed fiber in our neighborhood and they have installed the boxes for the underground cable all through neighborhood.  I would like to know how long after fiber is layed will internet be available?

Questions

WiFi works, Wired Ethernet doesnt

Hi there, - I have a new Alienware Area-51 with a Killer e2200 Gigabit Ethernet controller.- I subscribe to AT&T Gigapower.- My computer Wifi connects fine, but wired Ethernet fails to connect.- My other laptops and computers have no problems with WiFi or wired.  Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Questions

Bad Buried Fiber in Durham, NC with 70+ day install !!

Ordered service May 18, original install May 28, moved to Pending because of broken fiber upstream on the North side of the street due to new construction - Issue I and there was broken fiber and insufficient length in ground box on the South side of the street to reach customer premise (Issue 2) .

Questions

Changed HP wireless printers and new one disconnects from network after ~5 minutes

Had an HP 6520 set up on the network worked wirelessly no problem.  Printer head died had to replace.  Got an HP OfficeJet Pro 8720.  Challenging to set up on network as the printer seems to drop off network after 5-6 minutes, but I can print within 5-6 minutes of power cycling the printer.  HP onli

Questions

Uverse Installation - Gigapower ready?

I am having uVerse (Internet only) installed this weekend. I am lucky enough to have Gigapower available to my home, though I am only getting the 24mbps service right now.Currently my home is not connected to the AT&T system (new construction), but do have a Cat5e cable on the side of my house ready

Questions

Will AT&T switch me from Copper to Fiber?

AT&T came out and put in a normal copper telephone box that supports U-verse and up to 75mbps internet at my brand new condo.   The technician who installed it and ran the line from the poll said the main fiber box is also right next door but he doesn't do fiber installs just regular copper so that'

Questions

Property Damage from Gigapower Installation

Hello, I have been trying to contact someone from ATT to fix damages that occured during the installation of Gigapower.  When the installation first started in our neighborhood they drilled into a gas line and gas had gotten into our house and was detected after they finished the repairs.  We had to

Questions

Ideas to get attention of network 'planner' for FTTC 'easy' neighborhood install? Birmingham, AL

*Note: This is a lengthy post regarding a Fiber to the Curb neighborhood - The content may not be of any interest to you.        I live in a neighborhood called in Birmingham, AL.  (Moderators: I'm comfortable with my neighborhood name being public and it's a bit essential to the content of this pos

Questions

Need help?

Pinned posts

Most recent

View More

Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.