Uniquely for you. Preorder the new Google Pixel 6.
AT&T Fiber Installation

AT&T Fiber Installation

Tips for installing & connecting your AT&T Fiber equipment.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Fiber Optic Line in Yard Recently Marked

We recently had the fiver optic trunk line buried in our yard marked.  How can we find out why this was done?

Questions

How does the Fiber set up in the house work? I need specifics

I am getting fiber next month and I have a townhouse 2 story. The white box on the first floor in the closet and it is where the tech will run the wire.   But where does the gateway or box/modem go?    I need to understand how and where the wires will go and if I can put the mod

Questions

Neighborhood Fiber Optic Cable Install Yard Damage

There was a team installing fiber optic cable for AT&T in our neighborhood in the past few weeks. When they completed digging in my yard, the restoration looks terrible and I now have 3 leaks in the sprinkler system where they were digging. How can I get the yard and sprinkler system repaired?

Questions

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Request Fiber Optic Internet

Our neighborhood is current only less than 100 feet from a fiber optic cable that runs through the city. I was wondering if a way to get an AT&T Technician to install fiber optics in our homes.

Questions

Destroyed grass at home

Last week AT & T installed fiber wire for my next door neighbor and destroyed my grass installing it. They replaced his grass they dug up but not mine. 

Questions

After installation, the fiber connection failed

My fiber connection failed fter installation today. Rebooting does or help.

Questions

Enable IPsec traffic

We have BGW320-505 modem and want to enable it to pass IPsec traffic to/from. I'm not sure how to do that. We also want to connect multiple devices on the modem via an unmanaged switch (umanaged switch has a few devices connected to it and that is connected to the modem). How do we "open" the ATT BG

Questions

Home internet not available

I need to get home internet set up and att keeps telling me it's not available in my area, even though at least 4 of my neighbors have it. In fact, every single internet provider I have called says that, and my next door neighbor has tmobile and the people across and down the street have comcast. Wh

Questions

Can I pay to have fiber run to my home

Please do not give the canned response about checking the map. AT&T Fiber is all around my property's perimeter (neighborhoods and offices adjoin my property line)  but my house sits in the middle of my 20 acres.  Does AT&T offer a custom service for me to pay them to run the fibe

Questions

To Get started with the internet

Intrusions to setup internet

Questions

Slack after line replacement

A 3rd party contractor is upgrading lines in our neighborhood to fiber optic. They left so much slack in the line to our house that I can hold the line while standing in my backyard.  This is unsafe and needs to be corrected ASAP

Questions

Closed

How deeply should AT&T cable be buried?

Prior to sewers coming to my home, all underground cables were located and flagged. Unfortunately when work began, my AT&T cable (or is it called fiber?) was severed. It was fixed temporarily with the understanding a crew would come later and bury the temporary cable. When the crew came, I notified

Questions

Need help?

Pinned posts

Most recent

View More

New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.