Android

Android

Learn about the Android mobile operating system.

(20265)
Carrier says sim unlocked / Phone says locked

Hi i have been non stop attempting to get my new carrier sim to work on this supposed unlocked device. Carrier 2x informed me device is unlocked and ready but when inserting new sim card it never prompted me for pin and doesn't show mobile connection. I've inserted 4 different sim cards now and 3 2

Questions

Nokia 4.2 after 3G shutdown

After the 3G shutdown, my Nokia 4.2 makes and receives calls and SMS texts but cannot access mobile data. Is anyone successful in getting their Nokia 4.2 to fully function with AT&T 4G LTE, and if so, what's the magical trick?  Thanks! ... Robin

Questions

Follow up on PHONE DOWN 5 DAYS!

Went to ATT store this am and they connected me with ATT tech support. My phone is a Samsung S8 G950U 4G LTE.  I was told although it is on ATTs list of supported phones they cannot connect to my IMEI and are no longer supporting my phone.  This phone has worked for several months. 

Questions

APN settings, MCC / MNC

New to AT&T, using an older non-ATT device (unlocked LG G5). Initially had no data (could make/receive calls, that's it). Neither store nor 611 tech help could find a solution.  My phone refused to save the APN file with the settings provided by AT&T.  I did trial/error on the rec

Questions

transfer number to a different carrier

I cancelled att after they couldn't make my "free" Galaxy S22 work. Now nobody can turn the line back on to transfer my number

Questions

Seeking comments on free Calypso phone AT&T is sending to customers whose current phone wont work as of Feb 2022

What's your experience of the Calypso phone? Good, bad, ugly, OK, adequate, inadequate, etc. ??? Thanks for your comments! Background on moving to 4G in Feb 2022 and if your old current phone wont work: https://www.att.com/support/article/wireless/KM1324171/?source=ESsWCfCTA0000000L&wtExtnd

Questions

Closed

Phone will no longer work on network?

One of the people on my prepaid account has an old Nexus 6. She keeps receiving texts from AT&T that they are shutting down 3g and her phone will need to be upgraded. It's a 4g lte phone that is not using 3g. Why will it need to be upgraded?

Questions

Unlock request still pending

I submitted an unblock request last week on a phone that is entirely owned by me. The submission says it can take anywhere from minutes up to 48 hours to approve the request yet it shows pending still. The request was made on May 25th. Why is this?

Questions

Calypso 2 wifi calling problem

On my Calypso 2, wifi calling works fine on some wifi networks, but not others. When it doesn't work, the phone settings are the same, showing wifi calling enabled. The wifi connection is good, in that web browsing and even voicemail both work. Wifi calling works fine for several other phones

Questions

Reactivate a phone

I have been trying to reactivate one of my 5 phones in the suspend page but It's only showing one phone. Is this a problem I can fix?

Questions

Closed

Response to a comment to my previous post

I didn't see a 'reply' option for replying to a comment on my first post. It's late and I'm tired so I may have just missed it. I didnt want the poor person taking time to comment to think I didn't appreciate it

Questions

ATT dropped my phone 4g

It was a Verizon phone, I went to ATT prepaid. Got a call from them saying they will no longer carry my phone type. Well Im okay with that, but my phone is still locked! Ive tried online to unlock it. But it says I need to wait 60days. Well I am the one that got dropped by ATT. THIS SHOULD BE ILLEAG

Questions

Need help?

Pinned posts

Most recent

View More

Troubleshoot your device issues
Fix, replace or check device delivery
mobile

LEARN HOW EVERYONE GETS

Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra for up to $800 off

Trade in a Galaxy phone. Any year. Any condition.
Requires trade-in of Galaxy Note, S, or Z Series smartphone on a qualifying installment plan. See offer details
Smartwatch

LEARN HOW EVERYONE GETS

Samsung Galaxy S22 FREE

Trade in a Galaxy phone. Any year. Any condition.
Requires trade-in of Galaxy Note, S, or Z Series smartphone on a qualifying installment plan. See offer details

Shop the way you want

Free shipping & returns

Shop online with free shipping and returns.

Learn more

Same-day pickup

Order online and pick up in-store or curbside today. Subject to availability.

Find a store

Same-day delivery

Get same-day delivery with optional expert setup. Subject to availability. Select areas only.

Learn more

Live shopping assistance

Get help picking out the perfect device and plan with a live virtual expert.

Learn more
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.