Internet

Internet

Share tips and tricks with other AT&T Internet customers.
Ask a question

Latest conversations

View More

(91223)

Closed

Why is it so hard to cancel a service with at&t

Been trying for 3 hours on the phone with customer service to cancel an internet service that I am the primary acct holder on. I have  2 accts but only need to cancel the internet that was in service at my son's residence.  I have called 5 times but 4 of those times the rep says the passcode is inco

Questions

I need a 2.4 connection

I need a 2.4 g wifi connection for my video eo Doorbell to work

Questions

Internet Air service not showing up on existing account. Is there a phantom account out there with my service? How do I find it?

Internet Air and the missing account(s) I haven't seen any issue like this in my searches and apparently AT&T themselves haven't encountered this issue, because they have been unable to support thus far: We were existing Internet 18 customers in Northern California. Going through the link prov

Questions

Is DSL being phased out?

I heard that ATT&T is going to phase out DSL service. I live in a very rural area and am lucky to have DSL. AT&T had a limited number of sockets and I got the last one. They do not think it's fiscally reasonable to run fiber optic cable up the mountain that I live on, so if DSL goes away, I'

Questions

What is a customer service summary ?

Received an email from att stating, “We will be updating some of our backend systems over the next few weeks, which may cause you to receive a Customer Service Summary (CSS) for your AT&T Fiber service that you didn’t initiate. We’re sorry for any confusion and there’s nothing you need to do to

Questions

I called at&t and they said 2-3 months waiting time for fiber optic internet in my area do you think they will keep there promise?

I finally decided to upgrade my internet after almost 5 years!. To my surprise they offered me 75mbps internet for the same price as i was paying for the 25mbps internet. I took the offer and have a tech coming in on friday to relocate my router to where my gaming desktop is. Out of curiosity, i ask

Questions

AT&T Damaged Box in Manvel, TX

I recently purchased a plot of land, and I later noticed that there is a damaged AT&T box on the premises. I did not damage the box. Can somebody point me in the right direction about how to get this fixed?

Questions

AirTies 4971

Our power was out for a few hours, a couple of days later I noticed the 4971 was flashing a green light. I have spent hours trying everything I can find how to fix it but nothing works. When I try using the app my extender isn't one of the choices to select, I chose both anyway didn't work. It only

Questions

AT&T Wi-Fi extender connected but didn’t finish setup

My extender says connected but I didn’t finish the setup. Every time I try to run a scan for signal strength it’s say switch to main Wi-Fi network. But when I check network is under my main Wi-Fi network. Could someone help me please.

Questions

Power Pole Replacements

We have damaged & leaning power poles, one with a transformer in dire need of replacing. FPL sd to call ATT since ATT owns Bellsouth, which are the poles we have, (per the FPL rep after running the pole#). When I call the ATT tele#, that FPL rep gave, #877-739-2478, it's the mobile/wireless serv

Questions

Be the first to reply

(21)
Extenders not showing even after forgetting and reconnecting

Following up on https://forums.att.com/conversations/att-fiber-equipment/fiber-with-home-extenders-extender-not-showing-but-working/6282d87412d20e6978ec4351?page=2 pretty frustrated with the smart home manager

Questions

Autopay de enrollment(not by request)

At&t keeps de enrolling my autopayment.  5 times this has happened.  Does anyone else have issue with this?

Questions

Closed

Auto pay de enrollment

I have been de enrolled from autopay every 2 months, not by my request.   At&t has been horrible about providing any solution and just keep blaming others.  Telling me to re enroll and wasting my time on the phone.   I'm going to be canceling my service. 

Questions

Launching SHM says 'updating wifi network'

I am using SHM to see what is going on with my network. But, on launching SHM, it says 'loading ...' and then 'updating your wifi ...'.  What is it updating?  What was the state before it did the 'update'?

Questions

Data usage is zero as reported by Smarthome Manager

I have just completed a one-hour video conferencing class, and, prior to that, had been listening to music on youtube (computer / internet). But, on checking the datausage, it is flat at 0.  Any thoughts?   AT&T indicated that traffic on guest wi-fi will not show up in the data

Questions

Password Reset on Smarthome Manager

There have been occassions where I have tried to change the password on my account using the forgot password. It asks us to verify our account email ID (username) and my last name.  It has, on occassion, come back unable to match the 2!  AT&T has no xplanation for this.

Questions

Trending Accepted Solutions

(20)

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Internet down

My internet has been down for 2 days without an explanation. I would like a time frame as to when it will be on

Questions

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

FIXED WIRELESS MESH system

Hello, I currently have ATT Fixed Wireless with the Pace 5268ac gateway. Is there a way to successfully add a third party mesh system without having issues? I live in a large home that doesn't get wifi signal on the other side. Id like to add a mesh system but not sure how that works with fixed wire

Questions

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Default Server Option with IP passthrough

Hello all, New to ATT Fiber and came from Xfinity.  I am used to having my gateway in bridge mode because I always had my own firewall or router to take care of what  I needed.  I currently have a Firewalla behind the gateway .  Home Network is 192.168.1.0/24 LAN Side of f

Questions

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

why am I suddenly unable to go to Home Depot or Lowes websites, I get "access denied"

You don't have permission to access "http://www.homedepot.com/" on this server. Reference #18.90c84d17.1710530021.19218dac

Questions

Accepted Solution

Fiber installed, want to use my own router with ONT but...

The tech installed a BGW320 (fiber connected directly to SFP) which works fine, but I would rather use my Netgear XR700 router. I do not want to use IP passthrough or anything like that. Upon some research I discovered some people with ATT fiber have a small box called an ONT which converts fiber t

Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Expand all
Not finding what you're looking for?

Got a few minutes to learn more?

Check out these informative articles and resources.

Abstract rendering of Fiber optic internet.

EXPLAINER

What’s fiber internet?

Between remote work, gaming, streaming videos, social media, email, and so on, many of us spend a huge portion of our lives online. That’s what draws so many people to internet powered by fiber.
Woman working from home and videoconferencing with several colleagues.

TRENDING NOW

AT&T Fiber now delivers speeds up to 5 GIG

Is your home internet fast enough? Depending on speed tier availability and your household’s connectivity needs, you may choose an AT&T Fiber plan with hyper-gig speeds.
Three kids lounging on a sofa and browsing the web on their respective devices.

BLOG

A quick introduction to Wi-Fi 6

Wi-Fi 6 was designed to improve on previous standards in several ways, including more efficient battery usage, higher maximum bandwidth, improve security features, and more!
How can we help you today?
Shop phones
& devices
Bring your
own device
Upgrade phone
Add a line
to your plan
Download
myAT&T app
Get help online
Visit a store
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.