Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Unauthorized charges by Direct Now

Contributor

Unauthorized charges by Direct Now

Directv Now continues to withdraw money from my account although stop payment was made by my bank and debit card was changed. I never signed up with Directv Now. I am baffled how payment information was received. The phone number provided is bogus. I signed up in June with Direct Tv/AT&T. Neither of them is willing to help resolve issue (see link https://www.attsavings.com/directv/directv-now). Can someone recommend how to correct problem?

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Master

Re: Unauthorized charges by Direct Now

If your bank changed the card and stopped any payments to AT&T, and are still paying AT&T, I would say you should take the issue up with your bank.

But such draconian measures should not have been  required. All you needed to do was sign in and cancel.

As for how they got the payment information, been to an AT&T store recently?

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
Contributor

Re: Unauthorized charges by Direct Now

Chat with 3 AT&T personnel but none found an account.  Am reaching out to Better Business Bureau, hopeful they can put an end to the scam.

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support