Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Unable to log in

Highlighted
Tutor

Unable to log in

I am totally unable to log in. Have never been able to log in since opening the account.

Here's what happened:

1. Opened account on MacBook Pro Chrome browser. Was left in a "working state." Browsed channels, etc. Picked some watch list items.

2. Installed app on iPad. Could not log in. Said it did not know who I was. Reset password while still on iPad. It directed me to do this through Safari. Successful. It knew my email address. Sent me a temporary password and let me log in to change my password. Then it told me to log in. Unsuccessful. Error message: "30406 : Have we met? We don't recognize your info. Please sign in again or reset your password. For security, your account will lock for 60 minutes after 6 tries."

3. Tried logging into the app again, same thing.

4. Moved back to the MacBook Pro, this time on Safari. Same issue, same error message.

5. After a few more tries it locked me out and said to wait an hour or reset my password. I reset the password and had a repeat of the last episode as in item 3. above. This time on the MacBook Pro.

The net of this is that I'm unable to log in.

I wonder if my login setup and resets are somehow in error being directed to att.com, whereas my attempts to login are on directvnow.com?

Help someone please!!!

Message 1 of 35
ACE - Expert

Re: Unable to log in

Well we sure can't help you here with account info. Contact support using the help and see if they can resolve your issue.

Select "Contact Us" below - then "DirecTV NOW" - go to bottom and select "Chat". It may take a few seconds to load.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 35
Tutor

Already tried chat. No help and the phone number they gave me was no help either. It was only for Directv satalite dish users.

I came here as a last resort. Cannot find help anywhere else.

Message 3 of 35
ACE - Expert

We are only users and have no way to review accounts. Chat is the only means for support - there is no phone support.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 35
Contributor

I have not been able to sign in today after signing up for service today

Extremely frustrating and they charged my card $25 already for my 7 day free trial

Some free trial

Message 5 of 35
Contributor

Unable to log in since I opened this acct today plus you charged my acct $25 for my free trial which begins today

Nice job 

Message 6 of 35
Professor

We are just customers here. No employees visit this forum, so we didn't charge you anything. Did you try to do a free trial AND also one of the promos that are going on right now? What exactly happens when you try to log in? You can also try chat support here: https://help.directvnow.com/hc/en-us/articles/210968526

Message 7 of 35
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by dbrooks
‎03-31-2018 7:18 AM

I had a similar problem.  On the Create Access ID page,
 https://m.att.com/myatt/index-qregd.html#/create-access-id 
The AT&T User ID box contain an email address or a "User ID" that's not an email address.
In my case, I used a nickname, not my email address as AT&T User ID. 

BUT, when you go the DirecTVNow Account sign in page:
https://www.directvnow.com/accounts/sign-in
The label on the login Box is only "Email"  it does not indicate to use the AT&T Access/User ID (which may or may not be your email address.)  

So I filled in my email address and password, and got the Error message: "30406 : Have we met?...."
I too did the password reset. Had I really forgotten my password in the previous 2 minutes? no...
I got the email from AT&T with the temporary password numbers, and  successfully reset the password. 

But again I did the same thing. email address, when it really wants the AT&T Access/User ID.  

Using the online chat is the only support (no calls) the chat support again, Calvin, helped clarify the issue and said with the AT&T acquisition of DirecTV they are trying to make the sign-in more like the AT&T account sign in, and I needed to enter the AT&T User ID, which in my case is NOT an email address. 

Using my AT&T Access ID (in my case, a name)  I was able to login. 

Bonuse note: Regarding supported browsers, I signed up using Firefox. but DirecTV Now can't stream in Firefox so I got the page https://www.directvnow.com/accounts/BrowserNotSupported.html

Choose your new browser:
OR
Additional info of note from the online chat,  On OS X, MacOS Safari and Chrome should work OK.
In Safari I got a message that the browser may not be fully compatible, and it requires Microsoft Silverlight installed, with a link to download Silverlight.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.  
Tags (1)
Message 8 of 35
Tutor

That's totally it. Instead of entering the email address (which they asked for), entering the UID -- what they call the Access ID -- got me in. Logged in perfectly. Even Chat did not know this issue. Shame on them.

Furthermore, your "bonus" solved another problem for me... could not get anything to play using Chrome, but tried Safari and within 10 seconds up came a live tv show.

Fantastic! And thanks for such a complete answer (with bonuses).

I knew this was the right place to come.

Message 9 of 35
Contributor

I’ve been a long time user of DirectTV Now and it worked while the app icon was black. Yesterday the app icon was white and I couldn’t log in anymore. Tried Apple TV and iPad. Hubby tried on his Surface. We don’t have a ATT account but it’s directing us to log into an ATT account. I guess that meanss I have to create one? We don’t have ATT cell phone or Land Line any longer. HELP please.

Message 10 of 35
Tutor

Have you tried the recommended solution? I'd suggest you do the following:
If the UserID/Email text box asks for email address, use your UserID
instead. If it asks for UserID, use your email address instead.

If that does not work, then tell the system you've forgotten your password.
After successfully changing the password, if you still have the problem,
then try what I suggested again. This is what worked for me.
Message 11 of 35
Contributor

I'm just trying to get into my email on my laptop.  It's been coming up att.net, now it's yahoo.  I had to change my password just yesterday for the att.net, now it's wanting a yahoo password.  I have DSL programmed into my phone I have to call so much.  I can't keep up with passwords, not sure what they do, but they change so fast.  I live in a rural area & nothing else (other than Hughes Net) is available, so I'm stuck with AT&FT.  Any suggestions ??

Message 12 of 35
Contributor

I have apple products and I am having the same issues. Now it’s doing it on my Samsung products. I don’t know what to do!

Message 13 of 35
Tutor

THIS ISSUE STARTED AS A DirectTV Now issue and the solution applies to solving THAT issue.

Please understand the origin of this issue and it's applicable solution. If your origin is different, the solution probably does not apply to you. And for this reason, it would be best to start your own thread.

If you are having problems logging into DirectTV Now, then, at the time it was posted, the solution would have solved your problem. It may not do so now.

If you are having problems logging into email, DirectTV, ATT or any other AT&T related product/website/service, then the posted solution probably does not apply to you. Try it, but if it does not work, create a new thread with your specific problem.

I hope this helps alleviate some of the frustration boiling up about logging into AT&T stuff.

Message 14 of 35
Contributor

It’s not working at all I have deleted the app off my phone and everything. It does not work on any products that I have.
Message 15 of 35
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support