Explore & discover

Helpful Links

I cancelled free trial, but will I be charged?

Highlighted
Contributor

I cancelled free trial, but will I be charged?

It is day 6 of my free trial with Directv Now, the $35 package. I've been notified that if I don't cancel before tomorrow on the 27th at 7pm I will be charged. Just now I cancelled. The website then said my service will end tomorrow, no specified time. I wonder, since the cancellation will take a day to complete (which I wasn't aware of, otherwise I would have cancelled it earlier this week) how should I know for sure I won't be billed? 

I also plan to come back to Directv Now in about a month. I like the service but not ready for the real deal yet.

Message 1 of 15
ACE - Expert

Re: I cancelled free trial, but will I be charged?

Just log back in and verify that it was cancelled. You can also check the payment history to make sure you were not charged.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 15
ACE - Master
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Elina_/
‎10-26-2017 11:27 AM

It doesn't take a day for the cancellation to take place - it's just that subscriptions don't end when you cancel, they end when the current subscription period ends.  What "cancellation" does is stop the automatic renewal.  If you pay for a month, but cancel on the second day, the (already paid for) subscription continues for the rest of the month.  They treat the trials the same way, even though they aren't paid - they continue until the end of the trial period, even if cancelled earlier.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 15
Contributor

Thanks for the clarification. 

Message 4 of 15

I was charged still. No one is responding back to me

Message 5 of 15
ACE - Expert

Nothing we can do here from this user based forum. You will need to chat with support to resolve.

Message 6 of 15

What is supports number
Message 7 of 15
Professor

There is no phone number for DirecTV NOW. The only way to talk to customer service is through chat support.

Go here: https://help.directvnow.com/hc/en-us/articles/210968526

scroll to the bottom and click "chat available"

Message 8 of 15

Hi how did you cancel? I’ve been trying to cancel mine for 3 days now! 

Message 9 of 15
Professor

Log into your account at directvnow.com, click the person looking icon on the top right, click user account, click manage plan, click cancel account. If you are saying you've done that but are still getting service, you will continue to get service until the end of your billing cycle.
Message 10 of 15

I haven’t done it because it doesn’t give me the option to cancel
Message 11 of 15
ACE - Master

The detailed instructions to cancel are here.  If you get to the Manage My Plan page and at the bottom see a "Go Back" button but not a "Cancel Plan" button, I would think that would mean you don't have an active subscription.  That should also mean that further up on that page where the 4 plans are shown, none of them should be checked and indicate "Current plan".  

Message 12 of 15

I’m not sure. I entered my card info and it said I could start watching now. Who knows. I guess we will see.
Message 13 of 15
ACE - Master

Either way, I would check the status of your subscription (instructions here - basically the same as cancelling except not selecting "cancel"), since I would guess that you don't want surprises...

Message 14 of 15
Contributor

These guys are thieves. DO NOT subscribe for this service. I did the "free" trial and canceled within 6 days. Here I am 2 MONTHS LATER WITH TWO MORE CHARGES ON MY ACCOUNT. The agent assured me I would not be charged since I canceled within the 6 days. Then 30 days later I see a charge. Had that refunded and assured I wouldn't be charged again. What do I see yesterday? YET ANOTHER CHARGE. 

Message 15 of 15
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support